• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Trai Turner Contract Details: Panthers gave Trai Turner a 4-year $45M extension, including $20.5M gtd averaging $11.25 per year

Saca312

2 minutes ago, NanuqoftheNorth said:

Seems like a good deal for everyone involved.

Congrats TT!

Gotta see the structure.  Hopefully it's very front loaded, and since DG did all of the framework, it likely will be....but that weirdo is in the building now.

Does anyone wonder if this deal would have happened today if DG was still our GM?

It doesn't sound like a bad deal for us.. but when you think about how quickly this happened after Hurney was brought in, it makes you think..

Is this a glimpse of the past, where Hurney is not tough enough in negotiations?  I remember when he gave charles johnson his big deal, there was basically no back and forth.  We pretty much blew him away with our first offer and he took it... something DG would never do.

Would DG have waited longer and tried to squeeze Trai's head as much as possible?  Should there be any concern that Hurney may not have done this?

Just now, EightyNine said:

Does anyone wonder if this deal would have happened today if DG was still our GM?

It doesn't sound like a bad deal for us.. but when you think about how quickly this happened after Hurney was brought in, it makes you think..

Is this a glimpse of the past, where Hurney is not tough enough in negotiations?  I remember when he gave charles johnson his big deal, there was basically no back and forth.  We pretty much blew him away with our first offer and he took it... something DG would never do.

Would DG have waited longer and tried to squeeze Trai's head as much as possible?  Should there be any concern that Hurney may not have done this?

I think it's safe to say that Hurney had very little to do with this.

1 minute ago, mjligon said:

I think it's safe to say that Hurney had very little to do with this.

Yeah, but that doesn't answer my question.  Very little doesn't mean nothing at all.. Would it have gotten done this soon if DG was still our GM?

1 minute ago, EightyNine said:

If we waited longer keeping Trai would be more costly. 2017 could be his best season.

Archived