• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Josh Parcell & Frank Garcia

NJPanthers12

Gronk, then who?

you could make a case for Witten (due to his consistency) and Kelce but that's it. 

He is absolutely better than Reed, Eifert, and Delanie Walker.   Those are the only other names I would put in the same sentence with him  

1 minute ago, bigdog10 said:

Gronk, then who?

you could make a case for Witten (due to his consistency) and Kelce but that's it. 

He is absolutely better than Reed, Eifert, and Delanie Walker.   Those are the only other names I would put in the same sentence with him  

Lol they compared him to Witten and said they aren't elite. Witten is going to be enshrined in Canton.

They named Gronk, Kelce, Reed, Eifert, and Graham. Also said they rather have Howard and the TE from Miami that Cleveland drafted.

14 minutes ago, gmonjimbo said:

He's not known for his Yards after catch like Vernon Davis or getting Double Digit Tds like Graham or Gronk. 

Yeah. He's known for being the only tight end in NFL history with three straight 1000 yard seasons.

Vernon Davis....just lol

25 minutes ago, gmonjimbo said:

I think Greg is a great TE but he has never been dominant like Gronk, Jimmy Graham, or Vernon Davis in their primes. I think that is the criteria that they are judging him by

Their primes were so short-lived though. Olsen has been Mr. Consistent his entire tenure here.

4 minutes ago, stbugs said:

Geez, I can see the high points of Gronk and Graham being above almost any other TE in NFL history in terms of some of their dominant seasons, but Davis? Please. Dude's never had 1000 yards. I don't care how fast he is, putting him in the same sentence as the other two because he had 2 fluky 13 TD seasons is crazy. He's got 31 TDs in his other 9 seasons. Also, Davis isn't close to Olsen right now. Last three seasons Davis barely has over 1200 yards while Olsen has over 3000.

I prefaced my comments by mentioning their primes. Greg Olsen is better than Graham and Vernon Davis right now and a good case can be made for him being better than Gronk now as well. I was alluding to Davis' speed and run after catch ability.

2 minutes ago, mjligon said:

Yeah. He's known for being the only tight end in NFL history with three straight 1000 yard seasons.

Vernon Davis....just lol

Again I am not arguing against how great Olsen has been. That record speaks of his consistency. If Gronkowski and Graham stayed healthy throughout their careers, I am sure they would have broken that record as well. 

29 minutes ago, gmonjimbo said:

I think Greg is a great TE but he has never been dominant like Gronk, Jimmy Graham, or Vernon Davis in their primes. I think that is the criteria that they are judging him by

Maybe he doesn't have the same talents as them. But he's a smart and fast receiver. He always comes up big too in crucial moments. He does that way better than Davis and Graham did.

Vernon Davis has never had one season with 1,000 yards. To clarify, that is zero seasons.  Greg has had 3 in a row.

The only area where Davis looks better is TDs.

Jimmy Graham can take over a game more-so than Greg but he also isn't really a tight-end just a really big receiver. In NO he lined up as a wr 70% of the time and argued during arbitration that he should get WR money.

Archived