• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Wide receivers update....

Jeremy Igo

1 minute ago, sanjay_rajput said:

Can't say definitely  but I just have more confidence in the ones I mentioned

I just don't see it man. He's a stellar talent already making waves. Haven't heard much of anything out of Ross yet. Still early but if I were a betting man, it would be that Shepard beats out all the fringe players.

7 minutes ago, UpstatePanther said:

I just don't see it man. He's a stellar talent already making waves. Haven't heard much of anything out of Ross yet. Still early but if I were a betting man, it would be that Shepard beats out all the fringe players.

It's early but Pre-season will give us better sense when the pads comes on. 

Ross & Byrd needs  snaps with the 1's & 2's to showcase their true talent thats how Norwell become prominent when he came in as UDFA.

I've got to think that even though he's a lock, Curtis Samuel's role will be limited early in the season.  With this lingering hamstring problem,  he's missed quite a few reps so far.  He will be brought along slowly, I'd think.  So, even though Samuel will take up a roster spot, he might not get so much playing time early on. 

Who among the other WRs can most help fill the role we drafted Samuel to play?  There's probably no other guy as versatile, but I've got to think this opens the door for Byrd and his speed, especially if he begins to show he's more than just a one-dimensional receiver.  I'll be watching him closely, but I think Samuel's injury is very good news for Byrd.

1 hour ago, sanjay_rajput said:

It's early but Pre-season will give us better sense when the pads comes on. 

Ross & Byrd needs  snaps with the 1's & 2's to showcase their true talent thats how Norwell become prominent when he came in as UDFA.

Norwell didn't become prominent until RR had to play him because of all the injuries to OL. I have little  faith in RR being a competent talent evaluator. 

That being said hoping the sunshine project is over. Time to put some speed on the field 

Barring injuries, I see the chances of Ross and Byrd making the team over Shepard and Duke as slimmer than an anorexic Survivor on day 39.

I agree about Ross. Not sure about Duke over Byrd. From the tweets, it appears that both have made their fair share of plays, but Byrd's appear to be coming with the first/second team offense against the first/second team defense, while Duke's appear to be coming with the third team against the third team. Maybe I'm wrong, but Christian McCaffrey is pitching the ball to Byrd on end arounds like we used to do with Ginn. Meanwhile, the big catches I read about from Duke seem to be on the end of a Joe Webb throw.

I like them both, so I'm cool if either one makes the squad. I'm just not as sure as you are that Duke is ahead of Byrd in the coaches eyes.

Sent from my iPhone using CarolinaHuddle

Archived