• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Damiere Byrd vs Kaelin Clay?

MurkN

Damiere Byrd vs Kaelin Clay  

93 members have voted

1. 1. Who would you rather have if we can't keep both?

4 hours ago, micnificent28 said:

Is this really in question?  Dude makes one big play and he's just as good as bird.

He has been pretty solid when given the opportunity. His returns are superior to Byrd's.

The fact is, Byrd simply feasted on a Texans CB who played horrific defense.

Not that I don't like Byrd, but I suspect that if Clay got equal opportunities, he would have made more happen.

Really tough call.  I'd like to keep both somehow, even if that means the PS for one.  I voted Clay as I think he may have higher upside than Byrd. 

It's going to be very tough to keep 6 WR with our thinness at CB, S & DT.  Injuries at those positions may mean we carry 6 CBs or 5 DTs...

My final projection still had KB, Funch, Samuel, Shepard & Byrd as the top 5 receivers.  I wonder now though whether Clay is eligible for PS, and if he is, whether he'd be safe there.  I *think* Byrd might be safe on PS, but hard to say given that he scored several TDs (3?) in preseason.  So this could influence team to keep Clay and PS Byrd.

I expect Bersin to be either IRed, or cut and not picked up by another team, in which case, we will keep him on speed dial in case of injuries... and/or maybe hire him as some kind of assistant coach.

I like them both. I say go 6wrs. We need speed which both provide. If KB goes down does anyone think Funchess can be the man... I hate that we drafted him so high..so he will be kept.. To me it should be between whether we keep Shephard, bersin or Funchess but funchess  will be kept because of draft place and youth.

Archived