• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Week 1 NFL Real Men of Genius

jimfear

I always loved the Real Men of Genius commercials and after watching Kyle Shanahan's 4th down play calling yesterday I thought he deserved his own, so I present....

Mr. Risky 4th Down Play Caller

Carolina Huddle presents: Real Men of Genius

(Real men of genius)

Today we salute you, Mr. Risky 4th Down Play Caller.

(Mr. Risky 4th Down Play Caller)

Steadfast in the belief you can move the ball on a defense that whipped your @ss all day, you’re a real maverick.

(He’s a maverick baby!)

Sure Brian Hoyer’s no Cam Newton, but he’s got moxie, and moxie plus an interior lineman named Fusco are all you need to win in the NFL.

(Fusco’s coming for you!)

You may have crapped the bed up 28-3 in the Super Bowl, but you’re Kyle Freaking Shanahan, 1st of your name, father of Matty Ice, and you’ve got all the answers.

(Falcons blew a 25-point lead!)

So crack open an ice-cold brew, Skeletor Jr., because we all know, when the going gets tough, you panic and become too predictable.

(Mr. Risk 4th Down Play Caller)

gettyimages-158821873-e1484769489307.jpg

Feel free to chime in with your own Week 1 Real Man of Genius.

18 minutes ago, mjligon said:

Yeah that was an idiotic call when they were not moving the ball at all.

I pied this as I agree to a point but I do think it was the right call.  His team wasnt going anywhere and I think he was playing the statistical average (were they averaging a couple yards a play) and thinking he could sneak one through.  Maybe not win the game but create a positive.  Cant really fault him for that.

But alas it failed miserably.  And yes.  Atlanta still lost the SB after blowing a 28-3 lead.

21 minutes ago, Pejorative Miscreant said:

I pied this as I agree to a point but I do think it was the right call.  His team wasnt going anywhere and I think he was playing the statistical average (were they averaging a couple yards a play) and thinking he could sneak one through.  Maybe not win the game but create a positive.  Cant really fault him for that.

But alas it failed miserably.  And yes.  Atlanta still lost the SB after blowing a 28-3 lead.

True...I see both sides...basically he had to make the call

Archived