• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Looking at the next couple of games....

Burnout189

I think we can certainly be 7-3 or possibly even 8-2 going into our Bye week. Yeah it sucked losing to the Eagles and getting outcoached, but moving on, what do you guys think our record will be coming out of the Bye and how well the team does in the next four games?

For me I can see us winning on the road at Chicago and The Bucs. Our team has proven it can win on the road in a tough environment which is why I give us the nod for the win in Tampa. The Falcons at home is the one I'm unsure of. We can certainly beat ATL, but the question is which team and which friggin Shula shows up for that game. We will also, hopefully, have Mat Kalil back by then and maybe Coleman, and having them back for that game would be huge. Then we have the Dolphins at home, and that should be a definite win, seeing as they barely beat the Chargers and Titans, and lost to the Saints and woefully awful Jets. The loss to the Eagles sucks but in the overall picture is not all that bad, especially if we win at least 3 out of the next 4 games.

Have to beat the Bears and Dolphins. We are way more talented than those teams. There is no excuse not too 

have to beat the Falcons at home. Cannot afford to drop another home division game. 

A win in Tampa would be icing on the cake, but we have to take care of the other three. With a healthy luke and a mini bye here, we should do just that. 

10 minutes ago, bigdog10 said:

Have to beat the Bears and Dolphins. We are way more talented than those teams. There is no excuse not too 

have to beat the Falcons at home. Cannot afford to drop another home division game. 

A win in Tampa would be icing on the cake, but we have to take care of the other three. With a healthy luke and a mini bye here, we should do just that. 

Yep, another home loss to a division rival pretty much ensures we won't win the division tbh

Agreed. A quick look:

Wk 7: Bears (1-4) W

Bears have been below average on both sides of the ball. They have some play makers in Howard and Trubisky (maybe), but not other than some solid pieces on defense in Akeim Hicks, Amos, and Freeman, they are very beatable.

Wk 8: Buccaneers (2-2) W

Lots of talent added in the off-season but have not put it all together yet. Winston is good, not great, and likes to throw some picks. In classic panther fashion we get a lead and go into Ron mode to bleed the clock,  but come out with the win.

Wk 9: Falcons (3-1) L

Seem to have our number lately. Although the offense have fallen back to earth a bit, their defense is good. Another frustrating loss like our Eagles game.  

Wk 10: Dolphins (2-2) W

Can't get the offense rolling with solid pieces on offense. Defense is just average, but R. Kalil and Turner stuff Suh at the LOS and we put up a bunch of TDs. Take a W into the bye.

Wk 11: Bye

Outcome: 7-3

11 minutes ago, bigdog10 said:

Good point. So far the Falcons offense does not appear to be on the same level it was last year.

Thank god history shows we turn up in December, with 5 December games

We suck at home, good on the road. 5 road games, 5 home games. We can really fug around and be 9-7. Anything less than a SB to me is a failure. I can be convinced a NFCCG is enough. Anything less, how can we keep the coaching staff knowing we never have back to back .500 seasons. It'll be a huge waste of Cam and Luke keeping them.

Archived