• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

According To Sports Reference, Panthers Lost To The Two Best NFC Teams

Saca312

11 minutes ago, saints4lifeagain said:

I'm not. Was just giving you a hard time. They'll have to sustain this play for about another month. Defense had been too bad for too long to buy in after 3 games. 

Lattimore is legit. Regardless of what some on here think haha

doesn't make me feel better at all.

i'm never content with losing to anyone. it's never ok and it's always something to worry about if you have any aspiration of being the top dog.

saints game we would have won if our heads were in it and the eagles game we would have won were it not for some boneheaded playcalling from shula (that he and rivera would never admit to) and a few ill-timed bad decisions and mistakes made by some of our personnel (that shula and rivera have no problem pointing out).

those two games were completely winnable. we should be the top dog ourselves, but we let two games get away and all that tells me is that we just don't have what it takes to finish. it's no grounds for confidence in this team. we've got the talent to be the top team, but it's the stuff between the ears that is preventing us and i place much of the blame for that on the coaching staff for 1) not having the players prepared well enough for what the coaches want to do and 2) being too stubborn to adjust the game plan and decision making based on our personnel's strengths and weaknesses and what the opposition is doing and 3) for not helping cut out distractions or helping the players overcome them.

#neversatisfiedtillwegetaring

If we play great and lose that's one thing, but we've lost playing poorly against good teams.  The poor play is compounded by the health issues.  It seems as soon as we got Cam going we've had a rash of misfortune.  Thursday night we were reminded how much we miss Greg.  There were some frustrating drops.  We also were reminded how important Luke is for us.  I hope to God he's ok.  Both Luke and Coleman being out we saw a huge drop off.  Larsen looked like a back up.  While he's serviceable, it's the same problem as Luke and Coleman being out, you don't get the same communication when your coach on the field is out.  Need to get Ryan Kalil back out there.  Samuel can be a key player for us but he's finally stringing enough healthy weeks together to figure into the mix.  All that said we can't afford to have so many critical errors.  Get healthy, catch the ball and get some run pass option or play action going on first down to avoid these negative plays and we beat "the best two nfc teams."

2 hours ago, Cary Kollins said:

It's a good point. The Saints not looking like utter poo like the past few years makes our loss to them look better. And when you factor in Cam was still rusty as poo and the team was dealing with the kneeling distraction, not to mention overlooking the Saints who were playing for their season, and the loss doesn't feel as bad as it initially did.

The Eagles loss sucks but they do appear to be a legit team. We gifted them 14 points off two flukey interceptions, and we still had multiple chances to win at the end. I like our chances if/when we meet again.

I don't know... The Eagles game score was close but watching the game it just seemed like we got thoroughly dominated on both sides of the ball for much of the second half... When we were up 10-3 and rolling after Cam's rushing score I was ecstatic but the rest of the game after that pretty much was bad. 3rd and 16 conversion on their last TD drive was a f*cking killer.

28 minutes ago, thomas96 said:

I don't know... The Eagles game score was close but watching the game it just seemed like we got thoroughly dominated on both sides of the ball for much of the second half... When we were up 10-3 and rolling after Cam's rushing score I was ecstatic but the rest of the game after that pretty much was bad. 3rd and 16 conversion on their last TD drive was a f*cking killer.

Yep that conversion was inexcusable. It was 2nd and 26 before that smdh.

2 hours ago, thomas96 said:

It was a weird conversion. We did everything right and would’ve gotten a sure sack, but somehow Wentz did everything perfect and more.

Half a millisecond later that conversion would be non existent.

Archived