• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

2013: Year 2 For A Young Cornerback - Reaction Thread Highlights

Saca312

What it boils down to is, people dont like to admit when they're wrong.  So, people who were claiming Worley is going to develop into a great player are now trying to make a comparison to Josh Norman.  Lol...  if you wanted Josh, you should've asked demigod Gettleman to not screw the pooch on that one and we would still have Josh to pair with a budding Bradberry.

Worley is not anywhere near the player Norman was or is.  Nor will he ever be.  Could he develop into a serviceable player?  Possibly, but he isnt a starter and I dont foresee him being much more than he is now.  If you want a more accurate comparison to a former Panther, I think somewhere along the lines of Melvin White is more accurate.

Josh didnt play early because he lacked discipline, not skill or ability.  He wasn't getting burned repeatedly by blocking TEs.  He wasnt targeted by every opposing QB.  In fact, there is a lot of revisionist history going on in defense of Worley...  IIRC, Josh led the preseason 2 years in a row in INTs/Forced Turnovers before he earned his way out of Rivera's dog house.  Going back to that Bills game in which he gave up that final TD, I cant remember who it was, but a vet signaled to him where to go right before the play and Josh elsewhere trying to get a pick.  His issue wasnt that he couldnt play...  he freelanced and didnt listen, and thats why he got benched and had to dig his way out of that hole.

Worley does not have Norman's ballskills or ability.  Point blank, period.  And for those saying, "well, he's good in run support."  Josh was better there as well, as he would flat lay someone out.  There is no comparison.  Worley is getting picked on every week because he's not good.  Josh put himself on the bench trying to do more than he was supposed to, but his maturation allowed him to harness his ability in a less reckless manner.  Very different situations.

two diffrent players saca , norman was too agressive and all he needed was discipline worley never had the talent . norman showed the cb he could be in preseason he just never got the shot . worley has shown very little flashes that he can be a good corner . he is terrible i think hes a back up at best . sanchez actually has the talent to become a decent corner , worley not so much 

48 minutes ago, Proudiddy said:

What it boils down to is, people dont like to admit when they're wrong.  So, people who were claiming Worley is going to develop into a great player are now trying to make a comparison to Josh Norman.  Lol...  if you wanted Josh, you should've asked demigod Gettleman to not screw the pooch on that one and we would still have Josh to pair with a budding Bradberry.

Worley is not anywhere near the player Norman was or is.  Nor will he ever be.  Could he develop into a serviceable player?  Possibly, but he isnt a starter and I dont foresee him being much more than he is now.  If you want a more accurate comparison to a former Panther, I think somewhere along the lines of Melvin White is more accurate.

Josh didnt play early because he lacked discipline, not skill or ability.  He wasn't getting burned repeatedly by blocking TEs.  He wasnt targeted by every opposing QB.  In fact, there is a lot of revisionist history going on in defense of Worley...  IIRC, Josh led the preseason 2 years in a row in INTs/Forced Turnovers before he earned his way out of Rivera's dog house.  Going back to that Bills game in which he gave up that final TD, I cant remember who it was, but a vet signaled to him where to go right before the play and Josh elsewhere trying to get a pick.  His issue wasnt that he couldnt play...  he freelanced and didnt listen, and thats why he got benched and had to dig his way out of that hole.

Worley does not have Norman's ballskills or ability.  Point blank, period.  And for those saying, "well, he's good in run support."  Josh was better there as well, as he would flat lay someone out.  There is no comparison.  Worley is getting picked on every week because he's not good.  Josh put himself on the bench trying to do more than he was supposed to, but his maturation allowed him to harness his ability in a less reckless manner.  Very different situations.

you just spoke my mind . i agree 100 %

Panthers have drafted very young recently and unless they are early first round picks (Cam, Luke, McCaffery) there is usually a plan in place for those players to learn as well get snaps.  Turner, Shaq, Funchess, Butler and now Samuel all had snaps taken away to sit and learn.  Worley started that way but became the exception when Bene was cut and Bradberry got hurt.

I agree with the premise that he needs to develop, however, I think the comparison is a off because Worley needs the work on the basics which Norman already had when he came into the league (Norman better have been more polished because he was 24 year old rookie, Worley was 21).

I love how someone commented on Gamble being released with no plans for his replacement. Gettleman was lucky to have a budding All-Pro on the roster without knowing it the first time, but since he let him walk it's been a tough to find a replacement.

8 hours ago, electro's horse said:

Norman came into training camp poo talking steve smith

he was born to be great

This.  Even when Norman was adjusting to the NFL, he had a swagger and an edge that pushed him.  Worley seems to just play soft and scared.  Not sure he's got that edge. 

19 minutes ago, Cary Kollins said:

Poll:

Keep Josh Norman or give up possibly Short, Star, Turner, Norwell etc.?

Norman wanted waaaaaay too much money. I wish there had been a way to negotiate a better deal for us and still keep Norman happy. The negotiations ended abruptly and stunned Norman and his agent. Not good.

3 minutes ago, pantherphan96 said:

Nice to have some of these threads archived to show who around here is a reactionary moron who knows jack poo about football. 

cc: Funchess and Worley haters

Don't want to pull the Worley haters up, because, technically, they're certainly right.  Funchess on the other hand has been a pleasant surprise.  Good for him. 

Archived