• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

The Walking Dead

rodeo

The huge shocker rumor that's making it's way around the Internet doesn't make sense in context with the season thus far... at least not in the sense of the foreshadowing in the first episode and how the series typically builds up to such a moment. I'm fully expecting another fake out for the midseason finale, only much worse than the dumpster.

The ending of episode 7 didn't do anything to pique my interest in the finale. It made me think "well, now we're back where we were at the beginning of episode 1." At this point, I'm only watching the finale to see how bad it can get.   

well, I finally watched since it was the midseason finale.  Horrible episode.  Same ol problems on repeat.

The whole Hilltop roadstop was horrible.  Redshirt killing, their revenge was so weak......no way they would just kill a red shirt and tell them to please go back home.   Negan's arrival at Alexandria also was comically weak given what happened.    Rick and company had once again mowed down possible hundreds of these people and there response is to kill a redshirt and be frankly polite in there revenge?  "All out war/Negan" has been the death of this show.  They haven't known what to do with this plot.  Maybe it works in the comics but the TV show is butchering all of it. 

Carl stuff was obvious.   Given it is a deviation from the comic....it just means Rick and Negan likely continue to get worse and worse. 

I think my wife will still watch.  I might have her update me on what happens if I bother tuning into the season finale for giggles.   But I probably won't......Carl's death likely cements the fact they will stick with the Negan comic ending and that is literally the one things I thought the TV show should deviate from.    

They definitely need to bring in some fresh blood to clean it up.  The editing was bad, the shots were too dark, and Carl's death is stupid. I don't like what this does to Rick's character moving forward. Tara and Aaron's arc was beyond stupid, and where did all the Garbage Pail Kids go?  Did they all just die? The show is pretty much beyond fuged at this point. I dunno if I even care to keep watching, and I hated Chandler Riggs. I'm guessing Kirkman has completely checked out on the show to work on his 50 other projects.

Quick overall take bc I've heard about the happenings after finally giving up on the show mid-last season:

I was lured in like no other as a zombie flick fan but Season 2 gave me reservations.  After getting into the graphic novel side of things, it got me optimistic for things to come.  Season 3 gave flashes of greatness but then the show just totally flopped on the Governor.  The show just never evolved.  Every place looks the same, stories were the same, and they didn't learn from their mistakes.  Honestly, Season 1 is the only great season and the rest of the series has great episodes every now and again.  I

After defending the hell out of the show for years, I'm starting to feel the frustration. Killing off who they've now killed off....last straw for me. 

They kept Shane beyond what they did in the comic, fine with it.

They introduced show characters that didn't exist in the comic, fine with it.

They jacked up Andrea's character, then hinted at her becoming more like her comic counterpart, fine with it. 

Killed off Dale needlessly...first mistake for me. 

Completely screwed up Andrea and Governor in just one season. Second mistake. Killed Andrea, which was a mistake but also a mercy because she was so awful at that point.

Screwed the prison storylines up so much that it became drama for drama's sake. 

Tyrese. Just terrible.

Jacked up the post-prison arc.

Changed the hunters but it worked decent enough that it was actually enjoyable.

Then we have Alexandria which was a mix of well done and clunky.

Negan's intro was the last really good aspect of the show. 

Gimple just wants to do his own thing with the show. Darabont leaving started the collapse. He knew what he wanted to do with the characters and story. Darabont tried to keep the tone similar to the comic. Gimple wants to make a TV drama with a zombie back drop.

Not just that, but it is a complete departure from the character that's been established on the show and in the source material.  You take one of the most capable survivors and have them bitten on the stomach in a confrontation with 2 walkers? It's just bad writing.

And this is what people get when they wish for the writers to switch it up from the source material.

Archived