• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

KB's knee is considered a ticking time bomb inside BOA

SIGCHI222

So Benjamin's physical doesn't include a new MRI. There's plenty of damage to a knee for all of us that wouldn't show up on a routine examination, to say nothing of an nfl athlete who's had a reconstruction.

Case in point is Sam Bradford. He passed his physical, and his knee is so scarred over they can't even tell WITH an mri if his ACL is torn or not.

Obviously someone with weight issues playing WR is at risk to reinjure his knee, but more than that is his posture. The NFL already employs movement experts to look at how players stand and move and what their proportions are and identify who's at greater risk for injury. People with different builds are more likely to suffer certain injuries. 

For ACL, if you don't have a strong posterior chain and extreme femur ratios, yeah it's pretty likely you're going to do it. In layman's terms you want to avoid people with a skinny ass and long thighs. 

like kelvin.

He has a lot of risk factors. 

Not doubting the OP's source but it's not like he was forced into retirement. I can understand it hurts for him especially if it was unexpected. But why so much doom? He is going to another team- somehow he must have known that the NFL is a business and players get shuffled around? He should go the Josh Norman route and embrace his new team- it seems like Bills fans are excited for him - he gets a new start...

Just now, Asurfaholic said:

Not doubting the OP's source but it's not like he was forced into retirement. I can understand it hurts for him especially if it was unexpected. But why so much doom? He is going to another team- somehow he must have known that the NFL is a business and players get shuffled around? He should go the Josh Norman route and embrace his new team- it seems like Bills fans are excited for him - he gets a new start...

Buffalo is where careers go to die.

It'll be difficult for him to earn that big 2nd contract with Tyrod Taylor.

Like others, I am not doubting the legitimacy of the OP, but my question is this: if we knew it was such a big issue, why did we wait until the Bills called us to make a move? 

Was this just one of those random coincidences where we are frustrated with a player and want a way to get rid of him for numerous reasons, and then boom all the sudden minutes before the deadline buffalo calls up and offers us a solution to our problem???

That actually makes more sense for Hurney to pull the trigger so fast and take such little compensation. Maybe someone in Buffalo knew how the organization felt and figured they would rent Kelvin for a year and a half and make a run?

Kelvin re-injured his knee in some way vs the Eagles and it was bothering him so much the week of the Bears game that he walked out of practice in frustration. Ballooning up to 285 in the offseason and then having to quickly cut weight couldn't have helped. You have to question a guys dedication to his craft when he porks out in the offseason, yes I know his mom died but this wasn't the first time he let his weight get out of control. It may be his knee, or his confidence in his knee and willingness to dedicate himself to keeping his knee healthy by staying in shape, etc... either way it's a shame.

Archived