• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

who else hated the poo out of fox's camera coverage

PhillyB

On November 7, 2017 at 9:05 AM, PhillyB said:

every once in a while networks like to get cute and use those overhead cameras to cover live plays. usually they're relegated to special teams plays, which is fine.

on sunday they kept overhead, POV coverage on numerous offensive snaps. absolutely fuging idiotic gimmick that prevents the viewer from watching the full play on the field. much like self-indulgent cinematographers need to go to hell for unduly influencing a film with distracting shot setups, fox needs to keep the side cameras on during snaps and use the overheads for replays only.

Well.....the Titans/Stillers game will be "cute" on steroids.

skycam will be the main camera view.......

i believe it's a 1pm game if you're interested.

On 11/7/2017 at 9:05 AM, PhillyB said:

every once in a while networks like to get cute and use those overhead cameras to cover live plays. usually they're relegated to special teams plays, which is fine.

on sunday they kept overhead, POV coverage on numerous offensive snaps. absolutely fuging idiotic gimmick that prevents the viewer from watching the full play on the field. much like self-indulgent cinematographers need to go to hell for unduly influencing a film with distracting shot setups, fox needs to keep the side cameras on during snaps and use the overheads for replays only.

Yeah, I'm not a fan of the "Madden" camera angle either. 

Bad news is that next week's Thursday night game is primarily going to be broadcasted via that angle. 

Get used to it on Thursday night football, just announced that it will be the primary camera on that production.  

http://www.businessinsider.com/nbc-skycam-thursday-night-football-2017-11

The "Madden Angle" is about drawing in new, young viewers.  Forget what they say about the fog obscuring plays, this has been in the works for a while.

The interesting part is that do not expect that angle to become the norm on Sunday night prime time games.  Sunday Night NFL matchups consistently win the ratings.  No way the networks or the NFL mess with that.

Still to be determined?  MNF ESPN broadcasts.  But given their penchant for cutting costs I would not expect many changes there.

as someone who has been dealing with a concussion for the past month and a half, that motion and those angles really made my head spin.

i'm not loving it.

camera work meant to mimic the eye movement of a child with ADD has always bothered me and i'm glad that trend didn't last on tv shows longer than it did. not crazy about networks using it for live action. don't tell me what to focus on, keep the camera on the field at large so we can focus on what we want to and then for replays use your fancy camera work to show where in specific the action was.

Archived