• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

who else hated the poo out of fox's camera coverage

PhillyB

every once in a while networks like to get cute and use those overhead cameras to cover live plays. usually they're relegated to special teams plays, which is fine.

on sunday they kept overhead, POV coverage on numerous offensive snaps. absolutely fuging idiotic gimmick that prevents the viewer from watching the full play on the field. much like self-indulgent cinematographers need to go to hell for unduly influencing a film with distracting shot setups, fox needs to keep the side cameras on during snaps and use the overheads for replays only.

45 minutes ago, PhillyB said:

every once in a while networks like to get cute and use those overhead cameras to cover live plays. usually they're relegated to special teams plays, which is fine.

on sunday they kept overhead, POV coverage on numerous offensive snaps. absolutely fuging idiotic gimmick that prevents the viewer from watching the full play on the field. much like self-indulgent cinematographers need to go to hell for unduly influencing a film with distracting shot setups, fox needs to keep the side cameras on during snaps and use the overheads for replays only.

I could be mistaken but during the game they mentioned they were having some technical difficulties with some of the cameras. If you noticed during the second quarter the camera was on the fritz from the traditional angle.

Agree 100%. It's fine to do it maybe once or twice a game in certain situations but they did it on like 5 plays straight for us and others as well. Was way overboard and over the top, like they're filming for Any Given Sunday rather than airing a live football game. Show us a regular view so we can see the damn plays

I was complaining about these to my wife (who gave exactly zero shits) during the game Sunday.  After the first or second time I ever saw them it was just an annoyance.  Even if what I wanted to see was in the frame changing the perspective on the fly made it annoying to digest what I saw without having to back it up and watch it again.

I don't like change damnit

Archived