• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Still using Kelvin as the scapegoat for our passing game?

GoobyPls

2 minutes ago, GoobyPls said:

There are 20 other threads you can go be happy 

You clicked on the wrong one

And I will, I'm happy with 8-3

But that still doesn't answer my question. You're always so cynical. Yeah this team has concerns but dude Enjoy Your Win. No team is perfect, every team had concerns. Just be happy.

5 minutes ago, GoobyPls said:

We we 5-3 with a better passing game 

Last season, 2014? and so far this season with KB has been underwhelming. Funchess and KB cancelled each other out, one had to go

Our real problem is the run game. And Miami showed you how valuable Samuel can be, he's out

Look, our receivers suck, we all know that, and Shula couldn't call a game of checkers,... all bad recipes.

we called a good game the last 2, used a lot of variety in the runs,  and of course Funchess caught some nice balls.

this one cam threw bad, bad thumb but receivers had stone hands too-- we know this mannnnn,..

have fun with the win, 8-3, it was a trap game, we always play bad off bye weeks and I expect the team will play much better next week.

Samuel would have made a much bigger impact today than Benjamin would have. Like someone else said, at least 2 of Funchess tough catches would have been picked if it were KB instead since he just can't break down and come back to the football like Funchess.  

I'm not ripping KB because I also can't help but point out that he probably would have caught the two deep TD passes that Funchess dropped, but I think Samuel is more vital to our offense and someone like Clay is going to have to step up and play the role of guys like Ginn and Philly that Samuel was taking over before he got hurt. 

1 hour ago, GoobyPls said:

But..but...but KB

Outside the Miami game, our passing game vs NO, NY and the Atlanta has been heinous.

We could of at least traded Kelvin for a proven veteran receiver   

Yeah, because guys like that are everywhere. I’d guess the Cowboys declined the Panthers request for Dez and the Cards said nah when asked about Fitz. Get real, man. They got what was available is my guess. 

12 minutes ago, OriginalPantherDan said:

Yeah, because guys like that are everywhere. I’d guess the Cowboys declined the Panthers request for Dez and the Cards said nah when asked about Fitz. Get real, man. They got what was available is my guess. 

Ah yes the quintessential huddle reach. No one is asking for Dez or Fitz but someone like Jeremy Maclin, you know a none practice squad receiver.

1 hour ago, panthers34 said:

Samuel would have made a much bigger impact today than Benjamin would have. Like someone else said, at least 2 of Funchess tough catches would have been picked if it were KB instead since he just can't break down and come back to the football like Funchess.  

I'm not ripping KB because I also can't help but point out that he probably would have caught the two deep TD passes that Funchess dropped, but I think Samuel is more vital to our offense and someone like Clay is going to have to step up and play the role of guys like Ginn and Philly that Samuel was taking over before he got hurt. 

Samuel best game was 6 catches 50 yards, I think your overestimating his impact. He was there vs the Falcons when we couldn’t crack 150 yards passing 

And there were two big plays in which Funchess failed where KB routinely makes

But..but...but KB

Outside the Miami game, our passing game vs NO, NY and the Atlanta has been heinous.

Take a deep breath, and give yourself time to think. Who was throwing the ball today? Yeah, the guy with the sore thumb. The guy who hit on 11 of 28 passes. 

If you think our passing game was going to flourish under those circumstances? I mean, come on Goob. As much as you want it to be. Today's performance was not KB related. 

KB or not, our passing game was going nowhere today.

But..but...but KB

Ever wake up one day and think to yourself; man I’m an idiot! 

Maybe tomorrow. 

Archived