• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Byrd

WarHeel

Anyone have a snap count on him yesterday?

I wasn’t fully engaged during the game as the wife and I were putting up our tree but i only saw him in there for a couple of snaps. One where he clearly beat the defender down field for a could have been TD on a rare Cam under throw. The other a nice 12 yard reception in traffic.

This guy clearly has the speed and skill set to be a viable option in the deep threat game so why is it that he was only utilized once (to my knowledge) in this context?  You would think that with Olsen out again and every dude not named Funchess laying an egg week in and week out we would at least see what the kid has.

What do do you fine ladies and gentleman have to say on the subject?

3 hours ago, Jon Snow said:

He had one catch for like 12 yrds.  He is not going to save this season.  Dude is a JAG, fast but that's it.

Not claiming he’s a world beater (yet). The point I’m making is that he has a higher ceiling than most on the roster and just like other positions it’s probably going to take a significant injury for coaching staff to realize his potential otherwise he will fade into the abyss. 

7 hours ago, gmonjimbo said:

He had his one catch for 12 yards and almost had a 30 yard TD but Saints corner tipped the ball at the last second. He's not a gamebreaker but I rather see some of Shepard's snaps to go to him. 

Just what I said myself. He needs Shepard snaps. I also seen a play where he was crossing the field wide open and Cam over looked him. My kids was screaming at the TV saying look at Byrd. Thats why during the game I said Byrd is open. 

Archived