• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

More Details - Jerry Richardson Investigated For BOTH Racial and Sexual Misconduct.

Saca312

1 hour ago, Saca312 said:

Welp.

https://www.si.com/jerry-richardson-carolina-panthers-settlements-workplace-misconduct-sexual-harassment-racial-slur

• SI has learned that at least four former Panthers employees have received ‘significant’ monetary settlements due to inappropriate workplace comments and conduct by owner Jerry Richardson, including sexually suggestive language and behavior, and on at least one occasion directing a racial slur at an African-American Panthers scout
  • The settlements came with non-disclosure requirements forbidding the parties from discussing the details
  • The Panthers declined to comment to SI beyond reiterating their statement issued on Friday that the team had commenced an internal investigation into allegations of workplace misconduct by Richardson. The NFL has reportedly taken over the investigation

SI has been made aware of at least four former Panthers employees who have received significant settlements from Richardson or from the team in exchange for what amounted to a vow of silence. One of the deals was confirmed by a recipient’s significant other, who had contemporaneous knowledge of Richardson’s conduct. On the condition that no potentially identifying details (such as dates or dollar figures) be revealed in this story, SI viewed the physical legal document—which included what appears to be Richardson’s signature—for one such settlement. No public documents or EEOC complaints have been found linking Richardson to workplace abuses, but a former Panthers employee tells SI that, while working for the team, she personally saw documents detailing sexual harassment claims against Richardson that were being investigated by the Panthers.

The Shield gonna be coming for ya now, JR.

Not protecting you.

COMING for you.

To be honest Richardson reminds me a lot of Roy Moore in that I can't imagine him actually resigning over this. I don't know the guy but from afar he seems like an egotist who will make people pry power from his cold hands. Which means he'll be forced out hostilely or the team will lose many, many fans. This one included.

24 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

That would never fly in today's climate.

I expect at the very least, Richardson will be forced to sell his majority stake, and yes it's possible that he could be forced to sell completely.

Heck, if other members of the ownership group knew about and signed off on this, they could be facing consequences too.

I honestly would think that would be a positive thing. JR is a control freak and is running the organization in the ground. 

Just now, tiger7_88 said:

The Shield gonna be coming for ya now, JR.

Not protecting you.

COMING for you.

And will probably be interviewing guys like Dave Gettleman and Danny Morrison in the process.

In the current climate, there's a very real possibility that Jerry Richardson becomes the NFL's answer to Harvey Weinstein.

No, there's no indication of Richardson actually raping anyone, but it does sound like he has a long, systematic pattern of very bad behavior. The stories about him starting off as just "friendly" and then systematically amping it up over time are particularly creepy.

This story is ugly.

1 minute ago, Cover2 said:

Remember self righteous people are usual perverts behind the scenes

Yea I always thought it was curious the hollywood types would always say poo like rape culture. I was like wtf i don't see or hear that anywhere. Welp...turns out they all were raping people and each other so....there is a lot of truth to that.

They project hard.

1 hour ago, SportsCrazie4172 said:

He is a trump supporter..not surprised at all..

The culture is changing..all the bigots and sexual predators will be held accountable..

That's a stunningly ignorant comment considering most all of the characters in the "me too" scandals are most definitely not Trump supporters. Peddle your bullshit elsewhere.

Did a little research, looks like the scout involved might have been Khary Darlington. 

Darlington joined the team in 2003 and was with the team as late as March of tbis year. He was part of the delegation that scouted and interviewed Solomon Thomas pre-draft, but doesn't seem to appear in the 2017 media guide that was issued prior to the season.

Have looked for anything on where he is now and haven't found a thing.

Archived