• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

definition of a #1 receiver

AU-panther

With free agency and the draft coming up I have a feeling that the term "#1 receiver" will be used about 9000 times around here.

What is everyone's definition of what a #1 receiver is?  How many in the league right now would you say fits that definition?

Personally I think there are only a handful guys that are in that top tier, guys like Julio and AB.  Most receivers are largely products of the offensive system they play in and the QB throwing to them.  While everyone wants the next Julio the fact is the aren't easy to find, if they were every team would have one.

If we could just find a quality outside receiver with enough speed to keep the defenses honest I think it would help Cam out immensely.

spoiler alert: fans here will never come to the realization that we aren't picking #4 but #24.

You'll actually see things like "I like him, but I just don't feel like he's a top 10 pick."

oh buddy you don't say 

Anyways draft Calvin ridley.

51 minutes ago, top dawg said:

Diggs might not even be the best receiver on the Vikings. He certainly ain't  in Jones or Brown territory. You know who is?  Green and Gordon. 

Brown and Beckham are top tier by themselves, Jones, Green, others are in the next tier. Gordon is in his own pothead tier.

Jones is right there with brown and Odell y’all gotta let that falcons hate not cloud your judgement.

#1 wide receiver is a guy who regardless of whose line up against him he’s going to eat. He doesn’t need to be moved around to avoid cb’s, and can run the full route tree, wins 50/50 balls more that often. 

Rarity that one falls to 24, but you can grab guys in fa that’ll get the job done. It’s rare you’ll face a secondary as good as the falcons, broncos, or vikings.

Archived