• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

THOUGHT ON MATT KALIL

juliosantos

He had a real rough season for the price we paid for him and now we might not be able to re sign norwell  and we have no chance of cutting him this season because of all the dead money.If we do let norwell walk would we be better off moving matt inside and have moton play tackle? This has worked with the titans two years ago with byron bell and has worked this year with moving remmers to guard. Do you think kalil would be better as a guard then a tackle? yay or nay 

Keep him as OT, a lot of his early mistakes where mental which happens coming into a new scheme. Having another off-season for conditioning and having All-Pro Norwell next to him in 2018 will get this offense rolling.

We can extend Norwell & Star but will have to let other veterans go.

Cut: 

J-Stew

Dickson

Adams

Johnson

Gano

Cap is going to go up about another 5-10%. I heard on ESPN that bids for the supposed "dying Thursday Night Football" is coming in high from all the bidders.

We need to find a real replacement, not another FA. I think we need to look real hard in the draft and hold Kalil at OT for one more year. Either Moton or another rookie OT can show enough to become the guy and we can cut Kalil in 2019, or we'll have to keep plugging away. We need a real answer and we shouldn't keep mixing up big FA money into it.

9 minutes ago, theballboy said:

Blame this on Dave. He never did anything to solve the LT once he got here. We couldve just go into the season with Oher but instead he gave no1 money to Kalil knowing that Star and Norwell’s needed to be taken care of. 

Dave will find a way to screw NYG up. Maybe hes willing to take Kalil in a deal to NYG.

I don’t think think Oher was or ever will be ready to play again...

Seeing Matt Kalil's man hit Cam over and over is maddening...and early in the season, sometimes he just let him through to go block...no one.  If pass protection breaks down, odds are it was Kalil's fault.  That said, there was a HUGE improvement from the beginning of the year.    The question is, does Matt regress over the next few months?  I say we don't chance it and start looking for a different long term solution.  Matt is probably done here after next year.

Matt’s no world beater ...

but add to it the fact that Newton routinely lacks discipline in depth of his drop backs and holds the ball too long (usually for good reason) and it’s hard to lay all of it at his feet 

I think we have to see if better play calling, better receivers and a little help with Cam’s mechanics can move this along this year and if not then yes,  he needs to go 

On  gettleman, we seem to easily forget how bad the salary cap was and how bad this team was on both sides of the ball when he came here  

think about the DTs that prompted the drafting of Star and Kk for starters 

1 hour ago, theballboy said:

Blame this on Dave. He never did anything to solve the LT once he got here. We couldve just go into the season with Oher but instead he gave no1 money to Kalil knowing that Star and Norwell’s needed to be taken care of. 

Dave will find a way to screw NYG up. Maybe hes willing to take Kalil in a deal to NYG.

You obviously didn't pay attention to during the time Dave was here.

1 hour ago, Mage said:

I supported Gettleman, but it astounds me he was willing to pay Kalil and not Norman. Terrible decision.

Not only that. Go back and look at the free agent tackle class the year we franchised Hardy and moved Byron Bell to LT instead. Gettleman was a joke and I’ll never understand why the majority of this forum thought so highly of him 

Archived