• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Saints Not Expected to Re-Sign Vaccaro

Soul Rebel

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/saints-reportedly-wont-re-sign-kenny-vaccaro-expect-safety-to-hit-open-market/

Just saw this pop up on CBS Sports. It's been discussed as possibly happening, but unsure if NO would stick with the two youngsters at SAF, until now. 

I wonder where Vaccaro fits financially, into the available SAF options on the FA market.  Just turned 27 years old and the kind of SS that would be in the mold of guys we prefer... Coleman/Mitchell/Harris. Not to mention having an NFCS opponent's insight to boot.

If there was a way we could land a DB combo of Fuller & Vaccaro in FA, our secondary would be insanely improved. The question is how much would that cost and is it possible. There are other options out there that could be had for cheaper. 

Thoughts on Vaccaro in Carolina?

2 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

Wasn't he benched a while back or was that Barron?

He was earlier this year in a move to roll Bell/Williams out there and he wasn't getting the job done. From what I read, they implemented a 3-man safety unit at times, though I'm sure our resident Saints fans could shed more light. 

Archived