• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Star vs. Poe, comparison.

rmoneyg35

I haven’t kept up with football the past two years like I normally have but I was wondering what you thought was the difference between Star Lotulelei and Dontari Poe?

obviously Poe is bigger and a little younger but  how do they stack up against one another?

it seemed Poe is better or was better at getting to the Qb at least earlier in his career. His number sacks have gone down but I’m guessing that could be because they asked him to take up blockers more than going after the Qb.

we all know that Star was great at NT and against the run. His numbers might never have looked great but he did things that don’t always show up in the stat book. How good is Poe against the run? I was wondering what you think will happen to our run game with Poe?

Im guessing it will be the about the same, but I want your opinions.

also what about Poe’s health? I believe he had health problems before signing with Atlanta. Was that just a one year ordeal or still an issue?

star wanted a contract for a top tier 4 down guy. panthers offered him a contract that was more in line with what he actually is, a solid two or three down guy. he's not a 4 down guy.

he got the contract he wanted and we got a true 4 down DT for what we were offering star.

poe got to go where he wanted.

it's a win-win-win.

Archived