• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Breeland failed physical *update* non football injury

Captain Obvious

31 minutes ago, Shocker said:

Hurney gonna Hurney.  He is the worst.  We look like complete clowns to the rest of the league.

How does this make sense?

Hurney upgraded WR, CB2 & DT for ~ $16M in FA/trade market. 

He was a Ryan Kalil $5M pay cut and Russell Shepard release away from adding a veteran safety (Ron Parker, Kenny Vaccaro, Eric Reid maybe) and signing either Eric Ebron or Luke Willson, then heading into the draft with 4 picks in the first 88. 

Let's say he went:

• Hernandez/Wynn/Price at 24 to fill LG spot
  • Deshon Elliott/Kyzir White in R2 to fill SS spot
  • Drafted Rashaad Penny in R3
  • Traded #88 overall pick to Pitt for Martavis Bryant

QB: Cam

RB: CMC, Penny, CAP

FB: Armah

WR: Funch-Bryant-Smith-Samuel-Byrd

TE: Olsen - Ebron

LT: Kalil

LG: Hernandez

C: Kalil

RG: Turner

RT: Williams

DE: Addison

DT: KK

DT: Poe

DE: Peppers

WLB: TD

MLB: Luke

SLB: Shaq

CB1: Bradberry

CB2: Breeland

NB: Munnerlyn

CB4: Seymour

CB5: Elder

FS: Parker

SS: Elliott

Still need a QB2, so maybe  Kap on a vet min deal to back up Cam. IDK, but Hurney had this team a few moves away from a strong, well-balanced team that could challenge for the crown in the NFC, or at least give Philly and Minny a run for their money. 

Hurney isn't the problem here.... as much as we'd like to beat him down. He has had a surprisingly smart offseason.

58 minutes ago, TheSpecialJuan said:

First thing Hurney should do is re-sign LaDarius Gunter and bring in a few CB's for visits over the weekend.

That's a real good idea I liked his play in his small sample size.

1 hour ago, Chardee MacDennis said:

So, basically, we still need 2 starting secondary players, and a run stopping DE to take 40% of the snaps. Our defense really does need 3 legit NFL dudes. 

And on offense, we could truly use at least 1 interior OL starter, 1 RB, 1 TE, and 1 WR. Oh yeah, and possibly a backup QB too. 

So we are 8 players away from being a complete and competitive team. 

Maybe 2 of those come from the draft and the other picks are simply young depth we can't rely on as rookies.

Ok, that's fine. 6 more free agents and we are set. Let's do it!

Huh you think we need a run stuffing DE--- Horton come to mind I'm actually comfortable with Horton getting heavy rotation he seemed to turn the corner last year from week one San Fran to Week 16 vs Crappy Ice Horton Addy Hall Pep and a splash of Cox Jr should be solid 

42 minutes ago, Soul Rebel said:

How does this make sense?

Hurney upgraded WR, CB2 & DT for ~ $16M in FA/trade market. 

He was a Ryan Kalil $5M pay cut and Russell Shepard release away from adding a veteran safety (Ron Parker, Kenny Vaccaro, Eric Reid maybe) and signing either Eric Ebron or Luke Willson, then heading into the draft with 4 picks in the first 88. 

Let's say he went:

• Hernandez/Wynn/Price at 24 to fill LG spot
  • Deshon Elliott/Kyzir White in R2 to fill SS spot
  • Drafted Rashaad Penny in R3
  • Traded #88 overall pick to Pitt for Martavis Bryant

QB: Cam

RB: CMC, Penny, CAP

FB: Armah

WR: Funch-Bryant-Smith-Samuel-Byrd

TE: Olsen - Ebron

LT: Kalil

LG: Hernandez

C: Kalil

RG: Turner

RT: Williams

DE: Addison

DT: KK

DT: Poe

DE: Peppers

WLB: TD

MLB: Luke

SLB: Shaq

CB1: Bradberry

CB2: Breeland

NB: Munnerlyn

CB4: Seymour

CB5: Elder

FS: Parker

SS: Elliott

Still need a QB2, so maybe  Kap on a vet min deal to back up Cam. IDK, but Hurney had this team a few moves away from a strong, well-balanced team that could challenge for the crown in the NFC, or at least give Philly and Minny a run for their money. 

Hurney isn't the problem here.... as much as we'd like to beat him down. He has had a surprisingly smart offseason.

You do realize that we didn't sign Breeland right?

3 hours ago, jumpman910 said:

They can but probably didn't want to tie up cap if other options presented themselves... Don't know what those really are honestly 

The tone of his Twitter doesn't make it sound like he's all that high on us right now.

Said it in the other thread: The Redskins reportedly do want him back, and obviously their doctors didn't have a problem with his condition.

We could very easily see him just go back to his old team.

11 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

The tone of his Twitter doesn't make it sound like he's all that high on us right now.

Said it in the other thread: The Redskins reportedly do want him back, and obviously their doctors didn't have a problem with his condition.

We could very easily see him just go back to his old team.

Said something about two weeks to heal or something like that. 

7 minutes ago, carpanfan96 said:

Said something about two weeks to heal or something like that. 

Along the lines of "you say it'll take two weeks, but I say one week". 

I took it as metaphorical rather than an actual time frame, basically meaning he'll heal faster than someone (possibly us) thinks he will.

Could be wrong, but I get the general impression he's not all that happy with us right now. And fair or not, if we were in his position, we might feel the same.

I'm sure his agent will probably look to line up visits with other teams, but the path of least resistance right now would probably be just to re-sign with the Redskins.

2 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

Along the lines of "you say it'll take two weeks, but I say one week". 

I took it as metaphorical rather than an actual time frame, basically meaning he'll heal faster than someone (possibly us) thinks he will.

I'm sure his agent will probably look to line up visits with other teams, but the path of least resistance right now would probably be just to re-sign with the Redskins.

Yep, I'm sure it was metaphorically bc I doubt the Panthers rescind the deal over 2 weeks. I read several months, which is not unrealistic with a skin graft the could require multiple applications. And the fact he needs a skin graft means it was a significant injury.

And more to that, I don't think the Panthers haphazardly failed him. Hurney wanted him here. But at the same time, foot injuries can be a big deal for any football player, let alone one that has to cut as much as a DB.

And ultimately, Breeland can get mad, but the Panthers are doing what any business should do in terms of due diligence.

Any team that would clear him now before he has had the skin graft and completely healed in taking a big risk and maybe one that is against NFL rules.

Breeland can talk big but he has definitely cost himself money even of he does return to Washington. He has no one to blame but himself. Accident or not, you would think a guy would figuratively wrap himself in bubblewrap with FA and a big payday coming up.

And regardless, tbe Panthers shouldn't offer him the same contract in May or June they would now, healed or not.

The fact is this injury affects the Panthers plans. There is an opportunity cost associated with that.

Which almost certainly means Breeland won't be here. But truthfully he ain't getting the same deal he was offered.

The only way he's getting $8M+ next year now is probably on a 1 year incentive laden contract since he might not be 100 percent until TC and then try again in FA next year.

3 minutes ago, Seltzer said:

Yep, I'm sure it was metaphorically bc I doubt the Panthers rescind the deal over 2 weeks. I read several months, which is not unrealistic with a skin graft the could require multiple applications. And the fact he needs a skin graft means it was a significant injury.

And more to that, I don't think the Panthers haphazardly failed him. Hurney wanted him here. But at the same time, foot injuries can be a big deal for any football player, let alone one that has to cut as much as a DB.

And ultimately, Breeland can get mad, but the Panthers are doing what any business should do in terms of due diligence.

Any team that would clear him now before he has had the skin graft and completely healed in taking a big risk and maybe one that is against NFL rules.

Breeland can talk big but he has definitely cost himself money even of he does return to Washington. He has no one to blame but himself. Accident or not, you would think a guy would figuratively wrap himself in bubblewrap with FA and a big payday coming up.

And regardless, tbe Panthers shouldn't offer him the same contract in May or June they would now, healed or not.

The fact is this injury affects the Panthers plans. There is an opportunity cost associated with that.

Which almost certainly means Breeland won't be here. But truthfully he ain't getting the same deal he was offered.

The only way he's getting $8M+ next year now is probably on a 1 year incentive laden contract since he might not be 100 percent until TC and then try again in FA next year.

Perfectly logical.

No, he really shouldn't blame us, but if his thought process is that it's not as big a deal as we're making it out to be - and the "two weeks / one week" quote does make it sound that way - that's probably what will happen.

If he's going to blame anybody other than himself, it should probably be the Redskins, not us.

Archived