• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Tidbits from my source

Snake

2 minutes ago, Smithers said:

Gentleman’s drafting ability looks worse and worse by the minute.  

Because everyone can predict a guy who had a flawless history with injury in college would get injured in the NFL.

I’m sure every team but Gettleman had him as injury prone and we’re the only one without fortune tellers and voodoo artists who didn’t think of that.

12 minutes ago, Steves89 said:

So what's going to happen to Breeland? Is he going to hit the market again when healthy? How does that work? Tough news for that you young man either way.

He'll be a free agent whether a team chances it and signs him next week or they wait a few months... 

1 minute ago, Saca312 said:

Because everyone can predict a guy who had a flawless history with injury in college would get injured in the NFL.

I’m sure every team but Gettleman had him as injury prone and we’re the only one without fortune tellers and voodoo artists who didn’t think of that.

Well the Hurney haters seem to blame him for all of the injuries his picks suffered.   Seems fair.

regaledless...I’m really just being a smart ass.  I know a GM can’t predict injuries.  My comment was made using huddle logic.  Not standard common sense lol

8 minutes ago, stbugs said:

I’m also willing to wait and see when he gets back based on this source where one of the things makes no sense. 

This report isn't that far off from what's been reported in the past. Pretty sure the Panthers expect him to miss most if not all of the off-season so it wouldn't be a huge shock if he started out on the PUP list. Disappointing, but certainly not shocking.

7 minutes ago, Steves89 said:

So what's going to happen to Breeland? Is he going to hit the market again when healthy? How does that work? Tough news for that you young man either way.

Yep, he's a free agent again immediately. Well, since he never actually signed anything with us, his situation never changed. He was a free agent and he still is. If a team's doctors are willing to pass him on a physical he could sign a contract today.

21 minutes ago, bull123 said:

It’s almost like gettleman knew he was out and purposely sabotaged us

or maybe he is really just that lousy

The first time one of hurney's draft picks get injured or goes on IR, you better be in every thread pitching a fit about it like you've done about every injury we've had the previous few seasons 

5 minutes ago, stbugs said:

I don’t recall PUP as much as he might not be ready until sometime in camp which is open ended. I just don’t believe this “source” not that I wouldn’t believe the news. If @Jeremy Igo or @RoaringRiot post it, sure but the Crabtree part seems to invalidate it. Also, no one seemed to have any clue on Poe so it’s not like leaks had been happening. 

I always take "sources" with a grain of salt. I don't want to bash an established poster for claiming sources, but no, the Crabtree stuff didn't make a lick of sense. 

2 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

I always take "sources" with a grain of salt. I don't want to bash an established poster for claiming sources, but no, the Crabtree stuff didn't make a lick of sense. 

I think it's funny. He said the raiders wanted more (and ended up getting nothing) and that Crabtree didn't want to move east (signed with an east coast team). He couldn't have been any more incorrect

28 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

Why would the Raiders care if Crabtree wanted to move east and why would they be wanting more than a 5th in a trade when they ended up getting nothing?

27 minutes ago, stbugs said:

Yeah, that makes 0 sense. If released they get no compensation and I’m pretty sure they’d take a 5th even if Crabtree would be upset about going East. 

Another poster made a good point in the Crabtree thread, I believe, and said it's possible that if Crabtree or Crabtree's agent made it clear they didn't want to come here, then the Raiders were likely to honor that to maintain good standing with the agent.

It's the only plausible explanation I can think of as to why they wouldn't do that trade.

Just now, Proudiddy said:

Another poster made a good point in the Crabtree thread, I believe, and said it's possible that if Crabtree or Crabtree's agent made it clear they didn't want to come here, then the Raiders were likely to honor that to maintain good standing with the agent.

It's the only plausible explanation I can think of as to why they wouldn't do that trade.

I don't think it would've hurt their standing with that agent. Agents know the deal. It's just business. If there's multiple similar offers on the table, especially multiple out of conference offers, then yeah maybe you do the player a solid and ask him where he'd rather go. But, if that's the only offer or the best offer, then that's just the way it goes. 

I think it would honestly be more likely that the Panthers would've balked on the offer if they caught wind that Crabtree didn't want to be here. What throws a wrench in things in this situation is that the claim was that Crabtree didn't want to go to the east coast and then he signs a contract as a free agent with an east coast team. Uh... wut?

Archived