• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Jordan Howard RB Trade Target

App Panther

As mentioned before, its probably just a rumor, and not likely to happen.  But if he was available, I would trade a third or lower for him in a heartbeat.  Having a guy who has two years left on his rookie contract and has proven he can perform at the NFL level is better than drafting a running back who may or may not succeed in the NFL.  And we aready have a back who can catch the ball, so his lack of success in the receiving game isn't as much of a factor for us.  

22 hours ago, La Pantera said:

Bears new coach likes backs who can catch. That happens to be Howards biggest weakness. 

And to be honest, we're probably looking for the same.

From what I've read, thus far, it looks like they are looking for a North/South power back to compliment CMC but we all know how these reports work in the offseason. A little grain of salt with each.

23 hours ago, The Huddler said:

no thanks

use our limited resources on things that are true needs

we already have a top 10 pick RB that has yet to get a fair opportunity and he is someone i believe can become a houshold name and one of the top backs in the league. I dont want to stunt that by bringing in someone who will take carries away as well as take up valuable resources 

draft a big back mid to late

RB is not a need

So you believe that CAP will be that quality big back Norv is going to demand?

23 minutes ago, The Huddler said:

Idk

but there are glaring needs as opposed to not having a RB2 to take a snap here or there

cmc is the workhorse and will be a star

I love cmac as much as anyone. But he's not going to be the "workhorse". He's not going to carry the ball 20+ times a game. And he shouldn't. He will be spread out all over the field. A #2 RB will get a significant number of carries. The NFL is RB by committee. Very few teams rely on a true " workhorse " back anymore.

1 hour ago, La Pantera said:

I love cmac as much as anyone. But he's not going to be the "workhorse". He's not going to carry the ball 20+ times a game. And he shouldn't. He will be spread out all over the field. A #2 RB will get a significant number of carries. The NFL is RB by committee. Very few teams rely on a true " workhorse " back anymore.

Couldnt disagree more

we will see come fall

Archived