• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

So who's playing LG?

Snake

4 minutes ago, Snake said:

My bet is Amini. Prepare yourself Cam for a Hurnistic fun time. What ye say? 

I was going to say Cam because he will be running around for his life. Can't believe we didn't go after a single OL player. Has that ever happened in a draft for the Panthers?

Tyler Larsen is our backup center but was originally brought in as a guard. Moton was a 2nd rounder we traded up for. I hope he wins it otherwise he’s more of a wasted pick than Butler was since Butler at least plays some snaps and is in the rotation.We won 3 games and aside from one play I don’t think anyone can point out Amini playing terrible.

1 hour ago, Snake said:

My bet is Amini. Prepare yourself Cam for a Hurnistic fun time. What ye say? 

Before I read the responses to this question and answer, I want to share my opinion.

Moton, unless he takes LT from Matty Nice. However, I think Ron wants to prove that he has an eye for talent (He fell in love with Silatolu and pushed for him to be drafted).  There is something there he crushes on.  

But I think Wharton will chime in if nobody else does.  Hey, and for all I know, Moton sucks and is not the best.  I think it is a mistake to throw scraps at the stove and hope a steak dinner emerges.  If you want to know how bad Matt Kalil really is, put a weak G beside him. Then by game 3, Ryan's neck starts kinking and he stands on the sideline watching Larsen do his job while he collects $750K per week.

When Ragnow was drafted ahead of us--a player we loved--we moved on.  I think we decided that Moton would play G and Kalil would play T for another year-

30 minutes ago, CPF4LIFE said:

Rivera shouldn't be allowed to finish the season if he replaces a All pro guard with amini and it results in losses or offense regress.

Hell, last year, in a playoff run, he (MH--but he approved it) traded his #1 WR for a third round draft pick.  Then we got hammered because Cam had no weapons in the playoffs.  Remember that Kaelin Clay drop?  What might have been...

6 minutes ago, MHS831 said:

Before I read the responses to this question and answer, I want to share my opinion.

Moton, unless he takes LT from Matty Nice. However, I think Ron wants to prove that he has an eye for talent (He fell in love with Silatolu and pushed for him to be drafted).  There is something there he crushes on.  

But I think Wharton will chime in if nobody else does.  Hey, and for all I know, Moton sucks and is not the best.  I think it is a mistake to throw scraps at the stove and hope a steak dinner emerges.  If you want to know how bad Matt Kalil really is, put a weak G beside him. Then by game 3, Ryan's neck starts kinking and he stands on the sideline watching Larsen do his job while he collects $750K per week.

When Ragnow was drafted ahead of us--a player we loved--we moved on.  I think we decided that Moton would play G and Kalil would play T for another year-

As I recall, it wasn't Ron who pushed for Amini.  It was Rob Chudzinski.

Amini is probably Riveras 2nd favorite player behind Stewart from last season .. I'm guessing he starts , with Sirles and Moton stepping in if Amini  is bad out of the gates

What Rivera SHOULD do is have an open competition in training camp and the pre season and make the best man win the job, since we def do have a number of bodies . 

The thing is , I doubt we even need a world beating LG. Whats more important is LT and C, if the Kalil brothers poo the bed again this season it wont even matter who is at LG. Our line looked horrenduous for much of the first 1/2 of the season last year when Norwell was in there. 

Archived