• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

DJ vs OBJ - Combine / Field Translation Talk

SetfreexX

22 minutes ago, Carolina-Chuck18 said:

I’ll probably leave soon. This place is terrible now. Ain’t like it used to be. It’s freakin dead and these topics suck. You know it. 

Jeremy is looking to be broke soon.  

Years of allowed trolling have taken their toll. That and the lack of neg rep to smack. 

OBJ is far better at creating space and getting open. He is a great route runner and is amazing at extending his arms to catch the ball away from his body. Does it better than anyone in football on top of being a great route runner and overall athlete. Yes he's a diva but he's an absolute freak of nature as a WR. Comparing him to Moore is just silly. Way different playing styles and skill sets. 

What  DJ Moore might be able to do better than OBJ is run after the catch, and hopefully with his size will be much more durable. Other than that OBJ is one of a kind 

23 minutes ago, Carolina-Chuck18 said:

I’ll probably leave soon. This place is terrible now. Ain’t like it used to be. It’s freakin dead and these topics suck. You know it. 

Jeremy is looking to be broke soon.  

Just now, Snake said:

Years of allowed trolling have taken their toll. That and the lack of neg rep to smack. 

Yup. Neg rep needs to come back. I feel this place has sold out for clicks. Theres even all pro for gods sake preying upon grown men with a damaged sense of self..  wanting to feel included in a “special group” with some kind of superiority    

ive been in there. Theres a lot of “ill talk about this here. Main for cant handle this”

dude. Theres no difference between a man baby and a man baby with Five dollars. 

Stirred pots here = income. 

Cant talk too much sshit. Its ingenious. 

1 minute ago, The Huddler said:

Yup. Neg rep needs to come back. I feel this place has sold out for clicks. Theres even all pro for gods sake preying upon grown men with a damaged sense of self..  wanting to feel included in a “special group” with some kind of superiority    

ive been in there. Theres a lot of “ill talk about this here. Main for cant handle this”

No kidding. Feels like Jeremy is making everything for his own benefits now. He’s not even active on this board anymore. 

3 minutes ago, The Huddler said:

Every year it gets a bit worse or maybe I just get a bit older. You can't even have a difference in opinion without a snowflake having a melt down because mommy told him he was always right. 

This route thing with Moore is about consistency not ability.  I don't want to make excuses for him but between being at Maryland vs LSU and playing with all those different QBs and constantly having to adjust for timing and game planning for them you can get a feel for how he was over 30% of the offense while running only a handful of routes.  Let's dig up his freshman highlights for a better idea.  Sounds like he was in a pro style offense then.

12 hours ago, t96 said:

Another thing, look at the 3-cone... Beckham's is ridiculous and that agility is his biggest strength by far, including within his route running. Moore doesn't have that, but he's way tougher than Beckham.

What were the shuttle time comparisons?

21 minutes ago, JARROD said:

What were the shuttle time comparisons?

Not much of a difference, like .1 difference. (20 yr the one I value)

Ppl forget DJ is like 10 to 15 lbs heavier than DJ.

Odell is more explosive in routes, no doubt but for many to claim more explosive than DJ overall is stretching it imo.

11 hours ago, panthers34 said:

OBJ is far better at creating space and getting open. He is a great route runner and is amazing at extending his arms to catch the ball away from his body. Does it better than anyone in football on top of being a great route runner and overall athlete. Yes he's a diva but he's an absolute freak of nature as a WR. Comparing him to Moore is just silly. Way different playing styles and skill sets. 

What  DJ Moore might be able to do better than OBJ is run after the catch, and hopefully with his size will be much more durable. Other than that OBJ is one of a kind 

Want some lipstick ha

odell I liked very much and knew he’d be special, many did. 

With that said I’ve seen plenty of highlights now of DJ catching one hand passes before going out of bounds, jump balls in the end zone and some pretty freaky routes.

i agree I don’t think they are the same kind of receiver, but DJ will be special none the less.

16 hours ago, The Huddler said:

@TheRumGone

thoughts?

He has traits that are similar but they’re not the same. This dude is a freak make no mistake about it. Odell is on another level coming out though. It’s all in Odell’s length of arms and his huge hands. The one thing that is similar is their athletic ability with the ball in their hands. It seems effortless, they are so smooth running and both have a nose for the touchdown. D.J. is going to be a great player for us. Odell level? Seriously doubt it. But he’s gonna help us win games. Something Odell doesn’t do with his antics.

Archived