• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

$20 wins you $600

PntherPryd

http://www.vegasinsider.com/nfl/odds/futures/

ODDS TO WIN 2018-19 SUPER BOWL LIII (2/3/19)
Team Odds
New England Patriots 6/1
Philadelphia Eagles 8/1
Minnesota Vikings 10/1
Los Angeles Rams 12/1
Pittsburgh Steelers 12/1
Green Bay Packers 14/1
New Orleans Saints 16/1
Houston Texans 20/1
Jacksonville Jaguars 20/1
Los Angeles Chargers 20/1
San Francisco 49ers 20/1
Atlanta Falcons 22/1
Dallas Cowboys 33/1
Denver Broncos 33/1
New York Giants 33/1
Oakland Raiders 33/1
Baltimore Ravens 40/1
Carolina Panthers 40/1
Kansas City Chiefs 40/1
Detroit Lions 50/1
Indianapolis Colts 50/1
Seattle Seahawks 50/1
Tennessee Titans 50/1
Cleveland Browns 66/1
Tampa Bay Buccaneers 66/1
Arizona Cardinals 75/1
Washington Redskins 75/1
Buffalo Bills 80/1
Chicago Bears 100/1
Cincinnati Bengals 100/1
Miami Dolphins 100/1
New York Jets 100/1

8 minutes ago, Smithers said:

How are the Patriots still at the top?  They lost the SB, and then had an awful offseason.  No way they should have the best odds.  

Seriously. Meanwhile, the team that actually won regains their starting QB. Any odds that don’t have the Eagles on top reflects the overall stupidity of humanity in general.

Aside from the painfully obvious face that the Panthers are winning it all this year.

7 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

Seriously. Meanwhile, the team that actually won regains their starting QB. Any odds that don’t have the Eagles on top reflects the overall stupidity of humanity in general.

Aside from the painfully obvious face that the Panthers are winning it all this year.

If all the odds were the exact same I definitely wouldn't put my money on the Eagles. I think they had a special year that doesn't really get replicated. Plus no team has won back to back SBs in over a decade so it's extremely rare for that to happen. Pats have the easiest road every single year so they're a good bet for most people. I'm confident in our team this year but other good bets to me would be the Vikings and Jaguars.

6 hours ago, LinvilleGorge said:

The last repeat Super Bowl winner was the 2003-2004... New England Patriots. There have also only been 8 repeat winners in the history of the game. The nature of the NFL says more than likely you won't repeat. And, if not the Eagles, why not their runner-up? I see no problem with the Patriots being on top. Being the target is much harder than being the underdog. 

I'm not sure many people understand how odds making works. It's basically a way to influence betting based on public perception, not necesasrily based on who Vegas thinks has the best chance of winning the SB. 

With that being said, Carolina is probably the best value on the board and Chicago is the long shot, dark horse to make serious money for those that want to roll the dice for a chance at a big return without investing much (or expecting to win). 

My buddy and I were discussing this after a round of golf last weekend and I thought the 49ers would be the best value but was surprised to see them at 20/1. I know they will be the hot team people will be talking  about going into the season and it looks like Vegas is very much aware of it. 

Carolina is in the toughest division in football and the average gambler will not chose them because it will be a battle just to get out of their division with the Falcons and Saints in the way. Good year to pull the trigger on The Panthers. 

Archived