• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

So this is roughing the passer now, I guess.

Rags

The refs were actually requested to be aggressive with the penalty calls (in the preseason), so they can review them after and determine whether it was an example of the particular call or not.

They were discussing this in one of the games I was watching on NFL network on Saturday.

The helmet rules are the biggest head scratcher for me. I have yet to see a RB flagged for using his head. Just like with Sercey or what ever his Name is was leading with his shoulder and the RB cracked him with his helmet. Yet flag for the defense. 

19 minutes ago, Snake said:

The helmet rules are the biggest head scratcher for me. I have yet to see a RB flagged for using his head. Just like with Sercey or what ever his Name is was leading with his shoulder and the RB cracked him with his helmet. Yet flag for the defense. 

that right there is my biggest problem with it. Why can offensive players initiate or CAUSE the contact and not get flagged or get calls made in their favor!?!?!?

BTW.. That call on the 49ers player was a tough call to get but easy to make. LITERALLY the first thing to make contact was helmet to helmet... easy call. Don't have to like it but it was easy. There is ABSOLUTELY NOTHING to fault on the Vikings player though. Such horse crap.

they're going to ruin football.

OR

They know exactly what they're doing. They're making it a touch football league. Cue public outcry. NFL reluctantly removes the rule. Lawsuits come in down the road. NFL "We tried to change the rules."

Archived