• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Incompetence

Injuries happen but the offense looked the same. The people we got on the offensive side looked the same as last yr even with daryl and olsen playing. Cam seem to be the only player ready to play. Funchess just isnt getting it. Moore looked lost and what the hell was that TE end screen play.

Its... one game... into a new season? We lost Olsen, who has been our most consistent offensive player year in and year out. We lost Curtis days before the game due to an irregular heartbeat. We only have two living NFL offensive lineman. We had a Luke injury scare. 

We went against one of the best rushing attacks in the NFL, we didn't blow on special teams, and the story line going into this week was that Cam was going to have to run for his life if the Panthers have a chance against the Cowboys D-Line. 

I expect Curtis to be a huge part of our offense this season so to lose him days before the game it requires changing your entire gameplan because the other guys aren't him. To lose Greg in the first half it requires you to change your gameplan because he was a good blocker as well as a good pass catcher. And when we are dropping lineman left and right a blocking tight end becomes even more important but also lessens the opportunity for us to throw passes to a TE. 

Yeah it sucks to only win by 8 against a team thats probably going to be a 9 win-ish team, but we won. A lot of other teams wouldn't have been able to hold a lead with all these obstacles. Look around the league and look at a team like Atlanta who didn't take advantage of a banged up Eagles team. Look at New Orleans who didn't take advantage of the Bucs. Look at the Steelers who played down to their competition and allowed the Browns to break their losing streak. We have stuff to fix for next week but this isn't on Ron and I am not a fan of his at all. As the ship starts falling apart you can't just fix it right then and there. Sometimes the best option is to stay afloat, plug holes and get to shore where you can do bigger fixing then. 

Blame the coaching if we don't put up points next week, too. 

34 minutes ago, LA_Panther said:

End of the first half where Cam took his sweet time until .07 to spike the ball. I wish we were more decisive. If you wanna get another play in, spike it right away. If you wanna kick a FG, just run it again or something. 

Yeah just run it again... with no timeouts and 11 seconds on the clock... are you drunk?  

3 hours ago, CBDellinger said:

That’s not what happened.  

the play before the spike started at 30 seconds... Cam got sacked on that play and by the time we got to the line and set there was about 13 - 14 seconds on the clock... which was running and we had no timeouts.  

May be I am drunk my bad lol 

Archived