• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Cam was leading rusher and CMC was leading receiver

stankowalski

I get it. People are salty and always looking for the negative. A lesser team would have not overcome half of a dead O-Line, losing your most consistent offensive weapon in Olsen, having a player who should be our #2 WR have to miss time due to irregular heartbeats and not having a top game from our QB or RB....but here we are!

Both CMC and CJ Anderson averaged 5 yards a carry and Cam averaged 4.5 a carry with a TD. We even used Armah to punch in the  other TD. 

It was actually not too bad of a rushing day collectively. We just split up the carries a good bit (Cam 13, CMC 10, CJ 7 ) 

If anything I was much more disappointing with the passing game. But given the state of Ryan Kalil massively under-performing and Willaims going down again, its not too surprising. Cam has no time to throw down the field. 

We're going to have to really focus on re buliding the oline through the draft and the off season after the 2018 season is over. There's no more excuses how Cam has to deal with shitty tackle play and now a Center who either cant stay healthy or cant perform well. 

The stats might not reflect it but it definitely seemed like a more well called offensive game plan. There weren’t any plays where immediately after I was thinking “wtf was he thinking?!?” Which is a vast improvement over before. No 7 step drop bombs on 3rd and 1. No flea flickers to our slowest player.  My biggest complaint was something I think stems from Rivera, and that’s going for safe first downs on 2nd and short. Most teams try to get an explosive play in that situation and trust themselves to pick up the first on 3rd and short of the big play doesn’t happen. 

Cam was the leading rusher purely due to the first quarter and the option keepers there. It wasn't a lack of productivity from CMC or CJ. Cam even admitted that early in the game he was a little selfish running because he was trying to find his groove. First game of the year and all. 

It was a well called game. Every game and every OC has a couple plays that leave you wondering why they called something, but overall today we looked like we were calling a good offense. Receivers weren't getting open enough and CMC fumbling in the redzone cost us at least 10 more points or so, but it is what it is.

Now quit your bitchin.

9 minutes ago, JawnyBlaze said:

The stats might not reflect it but it definitely seemed like a more well called offensive game plan. There weren’t any plays where immediately after I was thinking “wtf was he thinking?!?” Which is a vast improvement over before. No 7 step drop bombs on 3rd and 1. No flea flickers to our slowest player.  My biggest complaint was something I think stems from Rivera, and that’s going for safe first downs on 2nd and short. Most teams try to get an explosive play in that situation and trust themselves to pick up the first on 3rd and short of the big play doesn’t happen. 

That's the one thing that is STILL missing from our offense for well over a year now, the big play down the field.

I mean some of it has to be our oline and some of it has to be WRs not being able to get open way down the field. But it still iritates me that I've not seen a deep bomb TD since Ginn went to the Saints. 

Archived