• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Two Options for Tackle Depth that might be better than Amini

trueblade

Ron always talks about how he wants to see consistency when he talks about young players. But if you are completely inconsistent as a VET it is just fine. 

In todays salary cap era a coach has to find the young players that can step in at low salaries and play above their contract.  Ron refuses to do that. He just stays with the mediocre Vets Who play well below the cap value. And is the downfall of this team. 

I like RR but this is starting to get on my last nerve. 

5 hours ago, Mr. Scot said:

Rod Johnson...How did that guy survive high school?

David Newton says Silatolu will likely get the start at right tackle.

That news would come from David Newton.  My least favorite person reporting on my other least favorite person.  F em both.

16 minutes ago, Smithers said:

I was there In person bud. And also read the recaps.  Care to argue some more?  Read the recaps.  Williams gave up 2 sacks.

pass protection has never been his strength, hes a Mauler RT. Amini gave up a 3rd sack and we rushed for -2 yards after Daryl went out. Daryl was destroying Lawrence in the run game.

The Panthers probably need to think about trading for a tackle. My target would be DJ Humphries, from the Arizona Cardinals, who are going nowhere and need picks to build a future. Make the pick a conditional 3rd and a 5th rounder and stick him at LT, moving Moton over to the right side. Humphries can stick even when Kalil returns and is young enough to stick there for a few years.

The current "window" closes when TD, Greg Olsen and Pep leave the team, which is likely at the end of this year. I don't like trading picks often, but believe we have an opportunity here.

Archived