• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Torrey Smith: "If that hit was on any other QB but Cam that fine would’ve been a trillion dollars"

Saca312

I think it’s good we get someone vocal on the team, our offense needs some fire. 

Torrey really came on after he caught the touchdown,.. of course Norv seemed to open the offense to throw to someone else besides CMac too.

hopefully he’s getting in better tune with Cam, and this will translate to the type of productivity he had the last half of the game.

3 of 4 catches the last half for 33 and a touchdown. Doing that the rest of the season says about 550 yards and 4-6 touchdowns.

5 million becomes a bargain. 

Damn straight.  I've been waiting for our leaders on the OL (Kalil, Trai) to do what Torrey did Sunday, and then now with this statement, for two years...  two fuging years, while our once-in-a-lifetime, franchise QB was getting cheapshotted and headhunted incessantly...  i still remember Trai standing by as one of the Broncos launched headfirst into Cam and the crowd started reacting in that 2016 season opener, he just stood there and did nothing...  so I've been waiting for this kind of teammate - to fight for Cam, to speak up and bring more attention to it.  Hopefully, Torrey's play improves as well, but happy to have him for this reason alone.

1 hour ago, tondi said:

How much was the fine on the guy who cheap shotted Luck in week one?

Same amount. The fine is based on the unnecessary roughness penalty. The extra was the ejection. Unless it’s a repeat offender where the fine goes up on the schedule, it is extremely rare for there to be a fine above the scheduled amount. It’s all spelled out in the CBA.

As Bartin said, his statement is not accurate, actually lol. The fines are all the same. The NFL doesn't just pull numbers out of their ass, not at the time of the penalty anyway. The fine would be the same, regardless of the QB. You could make the argument about suspension, but I doubt it, as suspension rarely happens for an in game offense that already warranted ejection.

Archived