• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

The kickoff at the end of the game

w280sax

I was at the game and the refs put 1 second back on the clock atter the 63 yd kick because "by rule a field goal can't take longer than 5 seconds".  Weird rule but ok.  It really looked to me that the Giants might score after a couple laterals on that play.

I have heard very little about that play.  I believe they may have not shown it on TV at all and I haven't seen a replay of it since.  Was it on TV?  If not, did anyone else nearly lose their mind on that play?

Beckham took the kickoff 9 yards deep and they lateraled 2 or 3 times and it appeared they had an opening with one panthers to beat when they tried to lateral again around midfield and that lateral went out of bounds.

I saw no flags and legit thought they might score.  Definitely curious to hear from others who saw it.

6 minutes ago, w280sax said:

Beckham took the kickoff 9 yards deep and they lateraled 2 or 3 times and it appeared they had an opening with one panthers to beat when they tried to lateral again around midfield and that lateral went out of bounds.

I saw no flags and legit thought they might score.  Definitely curious to hear from others who saw it.

I don't think anyone saw it except those at the game. It was a crazy end to a crazy game, and for a half second I thought they were going to pull off the impossible to top the impossible

Its definitely weird Nfl.com does not even list that play 

Though espn does list it

"(0:01 - 4th) G.Gano kicks 74 yards from CAR 35 to NYG -9. O.Beckham to NYG 17 for 26 yards. Lateral to C.Riley to NYG 14 for -3 yards. Lateral to S.Shepard to NYG 41 for 27 yards. FUMBLES, ball out of bounds at NYG 41."

12 minutes ago, MillionDollarCam said:

In Virginia (at least in my area) they cut before the field goal was attempted. I got texts from happy family members letting me know what happened.

Not sure if this happened to anyone else. 

Happened to a lot of people, especially where I am, in Pennsylvania. God forbid we miss the commercials before the Eagles run through the tunnel. They switched to commercials as Gano lined up for the kick. Completely unacceptable by Fox. 

Archived