• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

3rd Q. Cam last second decides not to throw a wide open TD.

Saca312

7 minutes ago, *FreeFua* said:

1) Giants were never up 20-16

2) This is the kind of crap that’s going to happen on occasion when you spend all off season and pre season drilling it into his head to take the check down every single time.

I have no idea why this organization doesn’t just trade Cam for Alex Smith and some draft picks. It’s clear they want no part of a play making QB, just look at the type of WR’s they surround him with. 

Not sure sure how you spun this around. This has nothing to do with check downs, the man was streaking wide open and he was staring him down. 

2 minutes ago, Lemory said:

I may be way off base but it doesnt seem like Cam has had much faith in his deep ball since Ginn left. 

I hope that Norv knows we have needed to establish a short game for a long time in order to keep defenses from cheating deep, trying to draw in the secondaries for now as other coaches scheme for us.  Sort of the way CMC went from receiving to rushing leader in the span of one game.

11 minutes ago, *FreeFua* said:

1) Giants were never up 20-16

2) This is the kind of crap that’s going to happen on occasion when you spend all off season and pre season drilling it into his head to take the check down every single time.

I have no idea why this organization doesn’t just trade Cam for Alex Smith and some draft picks. It’s clear they want no part of a play making QB, just look at the type of WR’s they surround him with. 

Yeh, you’re right... Byrd, Samuel and Moore are the worst

Yeah, he seemed distracted. I was with a room full of Giants fans and I told a buddy " hey Cam just tried to throw you guys 3 ints in a row and you dropped em'!" Giants didn't take advantage a team like New Orleans will.

The bright side is the youngsters are beasting #22,10,12 so they still had the firepower to win WITHOUT Cam having a big game. That's the biggest change in years. I'm soooo happy about these young guns.

1 minute ago, My Goodness My Guinness said:

Not sure sure how you spun this around. This has nothing to do with check downs, the man was streaking wide open and he was staring him down. 

Obviously it’s a throw he needs to make when you simply look at the play. 

However, once you take into account the fact we were leading, the fact it’s been drilled into his head this year to “play it safe”, the fact they took next to no downfield shots all day up to this point... It all weighs in on his decision making.

I think some of this is a combination of trying to build a rapport with rookie receivers in Moore and Ian Thomas and receivers returning from injury like Samuel and Byrd. The other part is Cam rewiring himself so to speak in taking not just the shorter throws but getting comfortable with Norv's offense.

The fact that Cam still rallied the team for the win despite an up and down performance is why he is a former MVP.

We're a 2 win team in this division without him so fans are just going to have to take the good with some of the not so good at times. It happens to all QB's.

2 minutes ago, TheCasillas said:

yet we threw 2 check downs the entire game......

I’m not even going to do this with you today so if sh!tting on Cam is your new shtick because you’re not getting enough attention on this board by all means continue doing you, I’ll let someone else deal with you if they want.

1 minute ago, *FreeFua* said:

Obviously it’s a throw he needs to make when you simply look at the play. 

However, once you take into account the fact we were leading, the fact it’s been drilled into his head this year to “play it safe”, the fact they took next to no downfield shots all day up to this point... It all weighs in on his decision making.

I also think he's been scarred from the past two seasons of O-line play where he probably thought someone was about to sack him from behind. I have a feeling he will get settled in as the season progresses. 

Cam always has a couple of games a year like this. Every QB has off days. Just glad we were still able to get the W. Earlier on in his career we had zero chance against anyone if Cam was off. I think we went years winless in any game that he threw an INT.

We have to get this bye week blues stuff figured out though. Whatever we're doing during the by, change it. Because we alost always look off in all facets of the game immediately following a bye.

Archived