• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

According to an Eagles Analyst, the Eagles defense didn’t play “prevent” or go soft in the 4Q

Saca312

1 hour ago, AceBoogie said:

Lazy narrative that’s wrong. 

He had like 65 yards passing through 3 qtrs and was overthrowing screen passes. . . I'm sorry but that's an off day and fortunately he pulled it together in the 4th qtr and played amazing.  

I just love how every analysis I see of this game explains why the Eagles lost and not reasons why the Panthers won. Recap of the game on Sunday night football was all about the Eagles and how they collapsed. Didn't mention how well the Panthers played to come back, nope, gotta be the Eagles fuging up. 

2 hours ago, Proudiddy said:

There were definitely adjustments made, with the biggest one offensively being that they gave Cam the keys to the car again to get them home, because they were drunk for 3 quarters.  Terry Bradshaw said in the post-game show that in the first half, Norv was running nothing but shallow to intermediate routes, 5-10 yards, but when Cam started running it more uptempo, he said we clearly were running intermediate to deep routes (15-20 yards) all over the field, and it opened things up. And that, as simple as it sounds, makes a ton of sense...  remember the stat last week about Cam and our offense not being very successful throwing/completing 20+ yard passes?  Maybe it's because Norv just hasn't been calling plays with those routes...  just like we didn't the whole first half.  I think it is by Ron's design to milk the clock.  Problem is, we often end up shooting ourselves in the foot playing with TOP as the priority.

I'm hoping this game acts as a catalyst much like the game it reminded me of back in '15 did - when we came back against the Seahawks on the road.  After that game, Cam was allowed to run more uptempo/no-huddle/wide-open than he ever had before, including making more calls and adjustments at the line than he ever had prior...  he only ended up winning league MVP as a result.  When it comes to coaching with our team, especially on offense, less is more.  Hopefully Norv trusts Cam now.

Lol I been saying this. You can't expect Cam deep ball to be on point if he's not throwing it. It's been this way since 2016, I'm not sure I agree with it being by design to control TOP,  I think teams knew Cam deep ball was his best and we kind of forced Cam to improve throwing intermediate but damn its like the deep ball has been eliminated completely. I'll believe this offense changing when I see it. It's concerning to me that whatever our game plan is these last 3 weeks just didn't work at all and were forced to abandon everything to come back, and it works

7 hours ago, iamhubby1 said:

I was actually wondering about those last two plays. Was it not 3rd and 5? He forced 1 into the endzone, and was going there on 4th. He never looked at getting the 1st down.

It was eerily similar to last week. Folks up in here questioned Cam going for the TD, instead of the 1st down. This week, Wentz went for the TD, instead of the 1st down. Maybe QBs have a savior complex. They just have to go for the win. I don't know, but it is kinda eery. 

Watching the Redskins/Cowboys last night and listening to Tony Romo was interesting. As the Cowboys were driving deep in Redskins territory and just reached the redzone, Romo said something to the effect of "my next pass would be to the endzone." The Cowboys still had time and had no need to go directly to the endzone, but that was what Romo was suggesting. So, maybe there is a savior complex going on, who knows. 

Although Prescott didn't throw a TD, during that drive, his scrambling/running did the most damage. Once they got to the Redskins 35, here were the plays:

1. Scramble for 14 yards
  2. Scramble for 11 yards
  3. Incomplete Pass
  4. Defensive Holding
  5. Incomplete Pass
  6. Short Pass for 5 yards
  7. Scramble for TD

Essentially, he took over the game, even when better options were available. We saw the same sort of decision making with Wentz yesterday and, to some degree, Cam last week with the Redskins. These guys all want the ball in crunch time and believe they are making the right decision, but it doesn't always work out that way.

3 hours ago, Proudiddy said:

There were definitely adjustments made, with the biggest one offensively being that they gave Cam the keys to the car again to get them home, because they were drunk for 3 quarters.  Terry Bradshaw said in the post-game show that in the first half, Norv was running nothing but shallow to intermediate routes, 5-10 yards, but when Cam started running it more uptempo, he said we clearly were running intermediate to deep routes (15-20 yards) all over the field, and it opened things up. And that, as simple as it sounds, makes a ton of sense...  remember the stat last week about Cam and our offense not being very successful throwing/completing 20+ yard passes?  Maybe it's because Norv just hasn't been calling plays with those routes...  just like we didn't the whole first half.  I think it is by Ron's design to milk the clock.  Problem is, we often end up shooting ourselves in the foot playing with TOP as the priority.

I'm hoping this game acts as a catalyst much like the game it reminded me of back in '15 did - when we came back against the Seahawks on the road.  After that game, Cam was allowed to run more uptempo/no-huddle/wide-open than he ever had before, including making more calls and adjustments at the line than he ever had prior...  he only ended up winning league MVP as a result.  When it comes to coaching with our team, especially on offense, less is more.  Hopefully Norv trusts Cam now.

Has Cam been given the freedom to audible at the line much at all this season?  I cannot remember very many times at all where he has switched plays after coming to the line and reading the defense.  Although, i guess it is very hard to do that when you get to the LOS with 8 seconds on the play clock every single play.  Paragraph length play calls that have to travel from Norv in the booth, to his son on the sideline, then into Cam, THEN to the guys in the huddle really hinder having any time to make any kinda adjustments.

The up-tempo offense neutralized that dominant Eagles pass rush. They had been going full speed for three quarters and only were on the field for 29 plays.

Once the offense started going uptempo it didn’t allow the Eagles front to get fresh legs in every down.

By my count the Panthers ran one less offensive play in the 4th than they did in the entire first three quarters.

Obviously you can’t go uptempo every series of every game or you’ll eventually wear the team out. However, I’d certainly do it to start each half to see if it gets Cam into a rhythm. 

8 hours ago, iamhubby1 said:

And that last pass to Jeffery. I don't think he was going to catch that. But man, Bradberry was in a bad way right there.

Look at where the safeties are on that play with 1:20 left in the game.  The guy *behind* Reid in this pic is Adams.

Reid_beat.0.jpg

I'm not so sure that was Bradberry in a bad way there.  That could very well be Bradberry saving everybody else's ass.

There's no way to know whose "fault" it was without knowing the coverage called.  But, as I pointed out above, there was 1:20 left in the game.  WHY ISN'T AT LEAST ONE OF THE SAFETIES DEEP? And, if one was, WHAT THE HELL WAS HE BITING ON?

16 minutes ago, MillionDollarCam said:

The up-tempo offense neutralized that dominant Eagles pass rush. They had been going full speed for three quarters and only were on the field for 29 plays.

At a critical time on that final drive for the Panthers yesterday, Fletcher Cox was standing on the sideline trying to catch his breath.

Amazing how that works, yes?

9 minutes ago, tiger7_88 said:

Look at where the safeties are on that play with 1:20 left in the game.  The guy *behind* Reid in this pic is Adams.

Reid_beat.0.jpg

I'm not so sure that was Bradberry in a bad way there.  That could very well be Bradberry saving everybody else's ass.

There's no way to know whose "fault" it was without knowing the coverage called.  But, as I pointed out above, there was 1:20 left in the game.  WHY ISN'T AT LEAST ONE OF THE SAFETIES DEEP? And, if one was, WHAT THE HELL WAS HE BITING ON?

A lot of times in this game it looked like Alshon blew up the coverages by beating the jam off the line.

Bradberry consistently missed it, which is what you expect since Alshon is a fuging giant. It's also the reason Jackson wasn't on him at all.

Alshon is a matchup nightmare and when his head is in the game he's as good as anyone in the league. Unfortunately for him he can look at a buffet and gain 10 pounds.

3 minutes ago, electro's horse said:

A lot of times in this game it looked like Alshon blew up the coverages by beating the jam off the line.

Bradberry consistently missed it, which is what you expect since Alshon is a fuging giant. It's also the reason Jackson wasn't on him at all.

Alshon is a matchup nightmare and when his head is in the game he's as good as anyone in the league. Unfortunately for him he can look at a buffet and gain 10 pounds.

I agree 100% with what you said but, at that time of the game (1:20 left) and with a 4 point lead, I still don't understand why the play being discussed (a 50 yard pass) is on Bradberry and not on a totally absent deep safety.

I am still of the opinion that even if Bradberry didn't play that play particularly well, his final decision and end result saved  the team.

Archived