• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

According to an Eagles Analyst, the Eagles defense didn’t play “prevent” or go soft in the 4Q

Saca312

23 minutes ago, tiger7_88 said:

Look at where the safeties are on that play with 1:20 left in the game.  The guy *behind* Reid in this pic is Adams.

Reid_beat.0.jpg

I'm not so sure that was Bradberry in a bad way there.  That could very well be Bradberry saving everybody else's ass.

There's no way to know whose "fault" it was without knowing the coverage called.  But, as I pointed out above, there was 1:20 left in the game.  WHY ISN'T AT LEAST ONE OF THE SAFETIES DEEP? And, if one was, WHAT THE HELL WAS HE BITING ON?

Going to have a feeling they bit on a route concept somewhere near the MoF.  That’s why the safeties are lagging behind. All-22 will likely give a better story.

3 minutes ago, electro's horse said:

A lot of times in this game it looked like Alshon blew up the coverages by beating the jam off the line.

Bradberry consistently missed it, which is what you expect since Alshon is a fuging giant. It's also the reason Jackson wasn't on him at all.

Alshon is a matchup nightmare and when his head is in the game he's as good as anyone in the league. Unfortunately for him he can look at a buffet and gain 10 pounds.

While true, on this play, Bradberry was 10 yards off and looked to have deep coverage on his side as he nails on the snap. He allows him to go inside, as he should. Why? 

Because there is no defensive coverage that should even be considered in that situation, that doesn’t have a Safety playing deep middle. It’s not like they blitzed. They were just late and out of position. Just like OBJ and Russell Shepard against NYG. In that situation, Wentz should have looked up and seen a DB 20-30 yds downfield right in front of him. Backpedaling. 

We play 70-80% zone. It’s rarely on one player and often not the guy closest to the receiver. But this is day one stuff. First rule. No one gets behind you. 

19 minutes ago, tiger7_88 said:

I agree 100% with what you said but, at that time of the game (1:20 left) and with a 4 point lead, I still don't understand why the play being discussed (a 50 yard pass) is on Bradberry and not on a totally absent deep safety.

I am still of the opinion that even if Bradberry didn't play that play particularly well, his final decision and end result saved  the team.

I've been critical of Bradberry, but I am curious as to what the play call was there with Reid underneath him and Jeffrey...  makes me wonder if it was a zero blitz, leaving one on ones.  If not, then yeah, Reid blew his assignment.

48 minutes ago, MillionDollarCam said:

The up-tempo offense neutralized that dominant Eagles pass rush. They had been going full speed for three quarters and only were on the field for 29 plays.

Once the offense started going uptempo it didn’t allow the Eagles front to get fresh legs in every down.

By my count the Panthers ran one less offensive play in the 4th than they did in the entire first three quarters.

Obviously you can’t go uptempo every series of every game or you’ll eventually wear the team out. However, I’d certainly do it to start each half to see if it gets Cam into a rhythm. 

Yup.  Man, i think it was prior to the TD pass to Greg, they showed a shot of Cox in their defensive huddle and dude was absolutely gassed.

6 minutes ago, Proudiddy said:

I've been critical of Bradberry, but I am curious as to what the play call was there with Reid underneath him and Jeffrey...  makes me wonder if it was a zero blitz, leaving one on ones.  If not, then yeah, Reid blew his assignment.

It looked like cover 2 and if this wasn't a cover 2 disguise, Bradberry should have had safety help and bailed out Reid.  

4 hours ago, electro's horse said:

some of you need to read your own posts and be aware of your "blame the generals" tendencies

Dk if that was directed at me Fiz, but does that mean you're vouching for Ron and Norv and how we have played the last three weeks and the first three quarters yesterday?

I don't believe I've contradicted myself.  They have been calling bad games and then open things up late hoping Cam will bail us out.  It's actually what Ron has done almost every season he's been here.  I know no coach is perfect, but when you have such a dynamic player as your QB, there is no excuse for our offense to be as stagnant as it has often been.  Rivera doesn't maximize Cam's impact on a game, but intead hinders it imo, and that's my issue with him (and Norv as an actor in Rivera's philosophy).

3 minutes ago, jtm said:

It looked like cover 2 and if this wasn't a cover 2 disguise, Bradberry should have had safety help and bailed out Reid.  

Yeah i'll have to go back and look.  I thought it was possible it was a blitz, as we were sending more pressure in the 4th, but tbh, I didn't look at the alignment on that play pre-snap.

49 minutes ago, tiger7_88 said:

Look at where the safeties are on that play with 1:20 left in the game.  The guy *behind* Reid in this pic is Adams.

I'm not so sure that was Bradberry in a bad way there.  That could very well be Bradberry saving everybody else's ass.

There's no way to know whose "fault" it was without knowing the coverage called.  But, as I pointed out above, there was 1:20 left in the game.  WHY ISN'T AT LEAST ONE OF THE SAFETIES DEEP? And, if one was, WHAT THE HELL WAS HE BITING ON?

Was wondering what happened there.  Yea, Bradberry saved everyone's ass.

43 minutes ago, tiger7_88 said:

At a critical time on that final drive for the Panthers yesterday, Fletcher Cox was standing on the sideline trying to catch his breath.

Amazing how that works, yes?

The entire time, I was screaming not to change personnel, keep that dude on the sidelines.

7 minutes ago, thefuzz said:

Was wondering what happened there.  Yea, Bradberry saved everyone's ass.

Agree.  There is absolutely no reason Bradberry should be responsible for being over the top in the middle of the damn field with a lead and the opposing team just starting out the drive.  It looks like not one but BOTH of our safeties are trailing the play here!  That's inexcusable.

JB saved our bacon on that play.  

Their pass rush ran out of gas, blocking improved, simple math.  Sometimes football just comes down to attrition and conditioning.  No one would argue Carolina was the fresher team at the end of that game, some kudos to our strength and conditioning program must be considered.

11 hours ago, Saca312 said:

As if there was any more need to validate just how much more effective Cam is dictating the offense. According to a well respected Eagles analyst, he says the defense was not the cause of their meltdown.

So, if that’s the case, in theory this style of offense would work four total quarters.

Hopefully Cam’s recent comments on the no huddle during the presser and two weeks in a row of improved offensive efficiency will help change Rivera’s mind a little bit.

Not much actual evidence to prove anything. Last week he was not great in the 2 minute offense throwing the ball. This is the best he has looked all year, maybe his career I the hurry up. If he can do it consistently then it should be incorporated into the offense. But Cam many times it also the reason we take the whole time in the huddle and frequently doesn't appear in a hurry at all.

11 hours ago, Saca312 said:

As if there was any more need to validate just how much more effective Cam is dictating the offense. According to a well respected Eagles analyst, he says the defense was not the cause of their meltdown.

So, if that’s the case, in theory this style of offense would work four total quarters.

Hopefully Cam’s recent comments on the no huddle during the presser and two weeks in a row of improved offensive efficiency will help change Rivera’s mind a little bit.

What I hate....is this no huddle stuff seems to come up every year.  It isn’t a surprise Newton does better in the no huddle.  Prior seasons we even adopted the slow no huddle mid season as a standard.  

Then Ron somehow forgets what Cam does well....and we have to start all over of getting him to make that part of our standard routine 

3 minutes ago, panthers55 said:

Last week he was not great in the 2 minute offense throwing the ball

We didn’t watch the same game then. Cam was highly efficient and nearly made a comeback like he did against the Eagles.

Anyways, those last three throws:

-Cam had pressure all over him by the time he threw to CMC. It happens. Hard to criticize especially given the fact he had literally no time.

-Next, pre-snap read was to Funchess off the slot-fade. Wrote up on that concept on a Curtis Samuel post prior. Cam liked the match-up from the slot and the read called to give Funchess a chance. Devin didn’t beat his man and didn’t arrive to where he was supposed to be. Cam can’t do much about it. 

If you’re arguing Cam should’ve thrown elsewhere, then blame the playcall.

-To Wright, he got held bad. Cam threw to the right spot if Wright wasn’t held. Due to that hold, Wright couldn’t arrive at the expected spot.

Really hard to criticize Cam at all.

Archived