• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Coach, put it in my hands

trueblade

“He’ll come up and say, ‘Coach, put it in my hands, Coach. Trust me,’” Rivera said, via Bill Voth of the team’s official website. “It goes back to a little something I learned from Michael Jordan when we were in Chicago. Michael used to say, ‘Certain guys want the ball when it’s crunch-time. Other guys just don’t seem to come off the picks the way they’re supposed to.’ I’ve told that to Cam, and Cam has always wanted the ball.” - https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2018/10/22/ron-rivera-sees-michael-jordan-traits-in-cam-newton/

Why is Newton having to beg the coaches to trust him? These statements seem to support the idea the coaching staff isn't putting enough trust in Newton early on in games, and only turning it over to him when all else has failed.  I don't understand this, especially with the 4th quarter results against WAS and PHI.

7 minutes ago, trueblade said:

Why is Newton having to beg the coaches to trust him? These statements seem to support the idea the coaching staff isn't putting enough trust in Newton early on in games, and only turning it over to him when all else has failed.  I don't understand this, especially with the 4th quarter results against WAS and PHI.

Simple, Because Ron coaches scared unless his seat is melting hot.

16 minutes ago, trueblade said:

Way to take praise from Rivera about Cam and turn it into a negative against Rivera to fit a narrative.  

23 minutes ago, trueblade said:

So now the narrative is, Ron doesn't trust Cam. 

What poo are y'all going to make up next?

3 minutes ago, tondi said:

If we can somehow win 10-6 then Ron gets all of the credit. If we win 35-31 then everybody knows who is the hero. 

Why does one person have to get all the credit? why can't multiple people get credit? considering its a team sport and all? 

51 minutes ago, trueblade said:

Are we really insinuating that Ron Rivera trusts Heinecke over Newton?

Ugh. Huddle staaaahp.

10 minutes ago, wud35 said:

Why does one person have to get all the credit? why can't multiple people get credit? considering its a team sport and all? 

Same thought.  Throughout the game you can always find someone(offense or defense) who made an impactful play to change the momentum or attitude. 

Archived