• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Baldinger: Donte Jackson Leading DROY Race

fieryprophet

9 minutes ago, fieryprophet said:

Lol this is poppy cock. I love Donate Jackson and I am a Panthers fan, but Derwin James is leading the defensive rookie of the year race. He already has like 3.5 sacks at safety passes defended and is looking like he is going to make the pro bowl.

After watching the video he does make a good case for it tho.

10 minutes ago, micnificent28 said:

Lol this is poppy cock. I love Donate Jackson and I am a Panthers fan, but Derwin James is leading the defensive rookie of the year race. He already has like 3.5 sacks at safety passes defended and is looking like he is going to make the pro bowl.

After watching the video he does make a good case for it tho.

He's #3 in odss right now.  Denzel Ward is ahead of him

But Leonard in Indy is the easy favorite right now.  Dude has 58 tackles, 4 sacks, and 3 FF in 7 games

and we're just at the halfway point of the season

1 hour ago, Mr. Nuts said:

Everyone seem to just forgotten about Bradley Chubb

Damn, I had no idea he had 7 sacks. Never hear about him. Von’s shadow and a dysfunctional team are keeping him in the shadows I guess. Their rookie RB is stealing headlines there too.

16 minutes ago, panthers55 said:

With 2 games against the Saints, 2 against Tampa and another against Atlanta as well as the Steelers, if Donte is still in the running then we should be headed to the playoffs.

He needs to get a bunch of INTs to have a chance really. Peters won it because he had 10 INTs or whatever but gave up a ton of TDs and Darby was better but didn’t have the flashy stats.

CBs generally get the short end of the stick when it comes to awards.

eh, it would be nice but its also great knowing that if the league did a redraft Donte probably would be off the board before our 1st pick.... instead we snagged em with our 2nd and got an electrifying young WR as well. Hurney hit two home runs and with his resume you cant ask for much more than that.

1 hour ago, Mr. Nuts said:

I just cant see it. Hes been our best corner so far. Played two damn great game vs Philly and Baltimore but he got a group of guys ahead of him: 

Bradley Chubb

Derwin James

Darius Leonard

Denzel Ward

and then guys like Daron Payne, Minkah Fitzpatrick, Marcus Davenport, and Jessie Bates are playing at high level as well

The board is full of homers who only see our players. The few who see others still tend to give our players the nod ... Why? Well, they can give you tons of reasons lol

Archived