• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Hypothetical next HC for the Panthers...

Hotsauce

We will find out soon whether or not Rivera will last. Black Monday will be upon us sooner than we expect. If he by chance makes the playoffs anything less the NFCC I think Tepper should bring in a GM that wants a specific vision and new young blood to take reigns of the franchise.

6 hours ago, Cary Kollins said:

the dude that just lost because he took the ball out of Aaron Rogers hand's on 4th and 2 and put the game on the shoulders of his crap defense? same dude that has squandered the prime of one of the best QBs ever?

nah

It wasn’t terrible to punt. GB was getting stopped on 3rd and short multiple times late in that game. If you turn the ball over at the 33 you 100% lose. There’s atleast a better chance you stop Seattle and get the back only down 3.

9 minutes ago, CarolinaCoolin said:

It wasn’t terrible to punt. GB was getting stopping on 3rd and short multiple times late in that game. If you turn the ball over at the 33 you 100% lose. There’s atleast a better chance you stop Seattle and get the back only down 3.

Why would they 100% lose if they turned the ball over? Say they did turn it over and hold Seattle to a FG. At least they'd get the ball back with a chance to score a touchdown.

Taking the ball out of your hall of fame QBs hands with under five minutes to go and one timeout is a dumb conservative decision unless you have an elite defense.

2 minutes ago, Cary Kollins said:

Why would they 100% lose if they turned the ball over? Say they did turn it over and hold Seattle to a FG. At least they'd get the ball back with a chance to score a touchdown.

Taking the ball out of your hall of fame QBs hands with under five minutes to go and one timeout is a dumb conservative decision unless you have a top ten defense.

They scored a touchdown on the previous drive. Letting them have the ball at 33 or closer is a guaranteed loss. 

Offense only scored 3 points all of the second half. Now you are asking them to drive down 75 yards with only 1 timeout and 2 minute warning. And this line of argument is completey moot if Seahawks get a TD then the game is definitely out of reach. 

Punting atleat gives you a chance

"Mike McCarthy is trash"

If winning 62% of your games over 13 seasons and going to the playoffs 9 of those 13 seasons is trash....

If a Super Bowl victory is trash.....

When the Carolina Panthers begin to build a legacy of success anywhere close to the Packers, then one might say something. Otherwise, don't say a fugging thing.

27 minutes ago, CarolinaCoolin said:

They scored a touchdown on the previous drive. Letting them have the ball at 33 or closer is a guaranteed loss. 

Offense only scored 3 points all of the second half. Now you are asking them to drive down 75 yards with only 1 timeout and 2 minute warning. And this line of argument is completey moot if Seahawks get a TD then the game is definitely out of reach. 

Punting atleat gives you a chance

I'm giving the ball to my Hall of Famer QB every time. Especially with hindsight seeing as how Seattle easily ran out the clock lol.

My choice would be Mike Smith. I love having that guy in the division, just not on my team’s coaching staff.

:)

10 hours ago, Mr. Scot said:

We've had this question a couple of times this season.

My choice would be Dan Campbell, the assistant head coach for the Saints.

Hey, keep your hand out my pond, pal!

:mad:

Archived