• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Panthers Team Spokesman Says There Will Be No Comment From David Tepper Regarding Ron's Job Security

bobsfoodbasics

1 minute ago, Memphis Tigers said:

In the past we have always waited to late to go Coach hunting

I have a feeling this time around our owner will actually know who the best candidates are and we won't have a "who is Harbaugh" moment.

Just now, NanuqoftheNorth said:

Seems like Marty and Ron would be a package deal.

So, I'm guessing Ron will likely keep his job until Tepper is prepared to cut ties with Marty.

Marty will be the first out the door, probably before the season is over.  Ron will be a black Monday casualty.

1 hour ago, luke nukem said:

I have nothing against Louis Ridick but cmon man a straight jump from TV to GM for this team just isnt right at the moment. I wont even pretend to act like I know where to start in regards to a GM search but I think teppers going to set the bar higher than that. We have the richest owner in the NFL. go get the best GM money can spend dave!

Riddick does have genuine experience working in an NFL front office, so he's not a Matt Millen.

I wouldn't object to giving him a  chance, but he wouldn't be my first choice.

34 minutes ago, mjligon said:

Oh please.

Cam Newton has saved that inept idiot coach more times than anyone can count.

He did us all a solid today.

I’m not disagreeing.  

What I’m saying is, that if he gets fired tomorrow , he’s a fall guy.  If anything fire him after Detroit a few weeks ago.  

Myself, I’m nervous about the post Ron era and I honestly think we’ll waste more of the “window” with the transition from Ron to whoever’s next.  It’s really hard for me to say that Ron should be fired after today’s game.  

Thats all im trying to say.

1 minute ago, Broku said:

I’m not disagreeing.  

What I’m saying is, that if he gets fired tomorrow , he’s a fall guy.  If anything fire him after Detroit a few weeks ago.  

Myself, I’m nervous about the post Ron era and I honestly think we’ll waste more of the “window” with the transition from Ron to whoever’s next.  It’s really hard for me to say that Ron should be fired after today’s game.  

Thats all im trying to say.

Gotcha...yeah, I def agree with that.

Archived