• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Are we using Rivera as a scapegoat?

gorillamilitia13

Before I begin, I want to say I think Rivera should be gone. Is he a terrible coach? Not by any means, but I think we have seen his best days here and both parties could use a change of direction.

Its been the sexy thing around here to blame all of our failures and shortcoming this season on Ron, but lets think about it. If it wasn’t for several missed kicks by Gano, some god awful coverage by Corn and Captain, and, I hate to say this because I love Cam more than anyone, a couple missed throws by #1, we’d have a lot better of a record right now. I can’t really blame those things on Ron.

I will also say however, he is also accountable for choosing to not fire Eric Washington and sticking with Gano.

What do you guys think? Do you guys really think replacing Ron will fix our problems?

9 minutes ago, gorillamilitia13 said:

Before I begin, I want to say I think Rivera should be gone. Is he a terrible coach? Not by any means, but I think we have seen his best days here and both parties could use a change of direction.

Its been the sexy thing around here to blame all of our failures and shortcoming this season on Ron, but lets think about it. If it wasn’t for several missed kicks by Gano, some god awful coverage by Corn and Captain, and, I hate to say this because I love Cam more than anyone, a couple missed throws by #1, we’d have a lot better of a record right now. I can’t really blame those things on Ron.

I will also say however, he is also accountable for choosing to not fire Eric Washington and sticking with Gano.

What do you guys think? Do you guys really think replacing Ron will fix our problems?

You can swing it the other way around.

If Gano missed the 60 yard FG against the Giants, if we didn’t pull the philly game out of our ass in the 4th quarter, and if AJ Green didn’t get hurt in the middle of the game, we could be sitting at 3-9 compared to 6-6

2 minutes ago, MechaZain said:

If the players take all the heat for execution and the coordinators for play calling and personnel decisions, what exactly is the head coach's duty? Locker Room Dad?

To stand there in transition glasses with his arms folded and challenge plays he has no chance of winning

31 minutes ago, gorillamilitia13 said:

If it wasn’t for several missed kicks by Gano, some god awful coverage by Corn and Captain, and, I hate to say this because I love Cam more than anyone, a couple missed throws by #1, we’d have a lot better of a record right now.

"...several missed kicks by Gano..."

Gano missed 2 FGs this season. He's 14/16 on the year.

"... a couple missed throws by #1..."

Cam threw twice as many picks yesterday than Gano has missed FGs the entire season.

1 minute ago, Anybodyhome said:

"...several missed kicks by Gano..."

Gano missed 2 FGs this season. He's 14/16 on the year.

"... a couple missed throws by #1..."

Cam threw twice as many picks yesterday than Gano has missed FGs the entire season.

And the miss by Gano against the Seahawks wasn't game deciding.  Even if he makes the kick, we're handing the ball over to them with 1:40 (I think) left on the clock, they can STILL tie the game with a FG, and win with a TD, against a defense who had been powerless to stop them all day.

45 minutes ago, gorillamilitia13 said:

Your first paragraph pretty much sums up my thoughts. 

I appreciate what he’s done here. I think we will look back later and see that he added value to the franchise. 

Time to keep moving though, it’s ran it’s course. It was a good relationship for the franchise and him.

From my experience, recognizing when it’s time to go is critical.  I would rather make that decision then have someone make that decision for me 

Right but how long has he known that Gano is a choker? Roughly 3 years. Why does he repeatedly rely on Cam and pressure him into one or two plays that must go right to save the game with a shoddy o-line?   Why does he throw challenge flags that everyone knows aren't winnable. Why does he stick with coordinators that are terrible for far too long?

Archived