• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Steve Smith Reports No Changes Expected With Panthers Head Coaching Job

bobsfoodbasics

1 hour ago, Camvp said:

I tried to enlighten you people about this in my thread, Mr. Scot included.  Coaches winning ~20 games the last two seasons don't get fired by new owners.  

Like I said, with such a meh selection of coaches available to hire, would be dumb to fire Ron regardless when we wouldn't even have a GM in place to conduct the search for weeks or months.  Hurney will be let go, ron retained, and the new GM will use next season to evaluate whether he wants to stick with Ron or move on.

So Ron essentially gets (2) test seasons under Tepper when most staff with a new owner receive a complete overhaul.

Just how spoiled is the lazy eyed dumb sonofabitch

Don't have a clue what will happen but this is what I have been hearing as well. Ron will be on the hot seat next year but he isn't going to be fired this year. I said this yesterday before this was reported. And Rivera hasn't lost the locker room. That is a big reason that he may survive this season. Guys aren't quitting or taking shots at each other or him. We are in games, we just can't finish. Take it for what it is worth, players are more at risk given Tepper didn't choose them including Newton who has been a controversial figure and has equal admirers and detractors. I know this will upset the Cam fans but this team is bigger than one player and this offense isn't dependent on having Cam although right now it is tailored around him. Mahones and others have shown that there are guys coming out who can run our type of offense very well.

1 minute ago, Carl Spackler said:

This team quit just like the 2001 team quit. 

The 2010 team just wasn’t good. This team could be good but save for a few guys, they mailed it in after Detroit. It shows. 

I think they mailed it in after the Steelers.

Also, teams watched that tape and know to go after the corners with chunk plays,.. 

It is demoralizing to have a 10 play drive, control the clock and have it go your way only to give up a 2 minute touchdown on 2-3 chunk plays. Whole defenses were created since the 70s with the focus on stopping the run and limiting big passing plays— that’s been a failure.

Archived