• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

A dose of sanity for those in need.

Jeremy Igo

4 minutes ago, SOJA said:

At this point I just hope Tepper cleans house. 

Sorry to Hurney because he's actually been not bad in Hurney 2.0 but I just want an entire new regime change. 

Top to bottom. 

Pretty much exactly how I feel.

4 hours ago, Oldmanrivera said:

Im pretty sure logical words are not going to bring sanity to this board right now.

lol... only a spell of some kind... a lot of people on this board dont care to discuss, exchange thoughts.. but they love to be derogatory and degrade each other, call each other names, and even wish for the death of people at times... sad really

seems as though you cant agree to disagree and still respect that's its their opinion

49 minutes ago, OceanPanther said:

I never knew there were so many orthopedic surgeons on this message board , practicing medicine too.

So much free information .

They know what’s wrong with Cam’s shoulder and when or when he won’t be back ,, and how bad Cam will be upon returning in a year,, or was it 2 yrs .

I'm not a doctor of any sort but I've watched enough football to know when somebody is playing hurt.

Newton is hurt...bad.

4 hours ago, Jeremy Igo said:

1. Cam is not done.

Cam Newton is injured. His throwing shoulder requires surgery this winter. If you weren't aware, a shoulder is pretty much everything when it comes to throwing.

2. Ron won't be fired until January.

There isn't anyone to take the reins. Norv has been a head coach and doesn't want to be again. Washington would be even more of a nightmare.

3. The Panthers have a bright future.

We have some of the best young playmakers at skill positions this team has ever had. A but younger and hungrier on defense and this team will be rolling again quickly under new regime.

4. We can have fun now

All expectations are out the window. I plan on hoping for wins and enjoying my holiday season. You know, having a good time. Won't you join me?

1.  Maybe Cam should be done for the season if his shoulder is injured.   After the surgery things remain to be seen. 

Though you're right, they'll probably just play the poo out of him.

2.  The season is lost, replacing Ron now with an interim is not out of the realm of possibility and it doesn't have to be someone internal.  It would give the excuse to lose the last few for best draft position and send a shock to the system, which we need.   Though letting him finish will to communicate to all comers that if they just let things fester, we'll let them finish the season.

Tepper has probably been sending out feelers and is  making calls now.  If his first choice for interim is available, he'll pull the trigger.   If not, we're sitting tight.

3.  This remains to be seen, though we're all hopeful.

4.  Huh?  We can have fun in any event, whether we win or lose.  Now watching football won't be as much fun, knowing our team is the NFL's bitch.

35 minutes ago, Perry Rich said:

lol... only a spell of some kind... a lot of people on this board dont care to discuss, exchange thoughts.. but they love to be derogatory and degrade each other, call each other names, and even wish for the death of people at times... sad really

seems as though you cant agree to disagree and still respect that's its their opinion

Yeah, thankfully it really is only a very small minority of people on this board that can't seem function logically when it comes to discussion... I'm sure the state of the team is a big factor as far as how vitriolic it can get.

People want to blame xyz out of frustration and people are going to disagree out of frustration.

I don't tend to agree with anything you say in alot of discussions, but a conversation and an exchange of ideas will never be productive if people act like asses

21 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

I'm not a doctor of any sort but I've watched enough football to know when somebody is playing hurt.

Newton is hurt...bad.

Is there a hurt...good? :thinking:

He should be shut down for the rest of the year and opportunities given to Heinicke. It's not as though Heinicke is going to take Cam's job, but it would go a long way towards making him a valuable backup for next year. This year, they've essentially been playing without a net.

No one knows how bad Cam's injury is, but there does need to be some planning in the event the next version of Cam is a shell of his former self. It's just due diligence on the part of the Panthers.

Archived