• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Curtis Samuel out-snapped Devin Funchess 58-32 Sunday.

SgtJoo

4 minutes ago, WhoaaaCAM said:

Samuel did not come down with the 50/50 ball, however if cam is able lay that ball out for him he would've walked in for 6. He had so much separation on that go route

Oh yea that play had no mutha.... business being a 50-50 ball smoked his man which is becoming the norm just to be drastically under thrown and have to jump and fight mid air for a pass naw that's all on Cams poor acccuracy and fundamentals. I keep seeing Taylor Heinke isn't good I don't give a f he actually doesn't have to be good (I need to copy and paste in his thread) we need a average qb with decent ball placement skills that's it. Put the pass in front of Curtis he scores like last week and other weeks. You don't have to be Brees to see he's open with mad separation let him run under that. Or hitting Samuel so low he has to go to the ground to make the catch it's pretty hard to beat the db when u start getting off the ground first. I've appreciated Cam and our success but fellas it's time and endings don't always have to be negative he's been compensated heavily we got some wins as some playoffs appearances with a super bowl game thrown in. Much love how's time to find us a average slinger put him in winking position and let out talent go the rest Cams throwing predetermined passes that get picked like that's rookie level poo. But with all that said I believe with an average qb we'll be dangerous we need accurate passes imagine CMC catching a few of his wheel routes because of accurate passing we'd be a dominating offense imo any thoughts??

3 minutes ago, trucpfan said:

Oh yea that play had no mutha.... business being a 50-50 ball smoked his man which is becoming the norm just to be drastically under thrown and have to jump and fight mid air for a pass naw that's all on Cams poor acccuracy and fundamentals. I keep seeing Taylor Heinke isn't good I don't give a f he actually doesn't have to be good (I need to copy and paste in his thread) we need a average qb with decent ball placement skills that's it. Put the pass in front of Curtis he scores like last week and other weeks. You don't have to be Brees to see he's open with mad separation let him run under that. Or hitting Samuel so low he has to go to the ground to make the catch it's pretty hard to beat the db when u start getting off the ground first. I've appreciated Cam and our success but fellas it's time and endings don't always have to be negative he's been compensated heavily we got some wins as some playoffs appearances with a super bowl game thrown in. Much love how's time to find us a average slinger put him in winking position and let out talent go the rest Cams throwing predetermined passes that get picked like that's rookie level poo. But with all that said I believe with an average qb we'll be dangerous we need accurate passes imagine CMC catching a few of his wheel routes because of accurate passing we'd be a dominating offense imo any thoughts??

What he said!!

Moore, Samuel, and Wright will be a solid core at WR next year.  With CMC and Cam, a few tweaks on the OL should make this a powerful offense.

The offseason will be all about some defense.  I see new starting S, CB, OLB, DE, and a rotational DT. 

2 minutes ago, trucpfan said:

Nah with Henieke in the game we would see a massive drop off in QB play imo. Even Cam playing at 75% is better than most of the league. When a guy carries a franchise for so long he's bound for the injuries to catch. We have to remember all the horrible olines, and years that Cam led the team in rushing. It's actually very disrespectful to suggest we would be better with an average QB behind this line. This fan base doesn't deserve Cam Newton.

4 minutes ago, WhoaaaCAM said:

When a guy carries a franchise for so long he's bound for the injuries to catch.  We have to remember all the horrible olines, and years that Cam led the team in rushing.

This shouldn't be remember or factored into the future business operations of the franchise. Get off the Huddle, Hurney.

14 minutes ago, MHS831 said:

Moore, Samuel, and Wright will be a solid core at WR next year.  With CMC and Cam, a few tweaks on the OL should make this a powerful offense.

The offseason will be all about some defense.  I see new starting S, CB, OLB, DE, and a rotational DT. 

That's literally the same offense as this year. People don't want to admit it, but Cam and his shoulder are holding back what we can do. I almost think he needs to sit out a season. We need to start looking to the future. If there's a top tier QB talent where we sit, we take him plain as that. If Norv is still here, his son would be good at helping develop. I've never been on the Cam trade bus, and i'm not saying we do that, but time is taking over and we need to have someone for the future. Favre was around for how much more time after they drafted Rodgers?

5 minutes ago, trucpfan said:

thoughts??

So you are saying that (sorry for putting words in your mouth) it might be better to get a cheaper game manager and use the $$$ at other positions than prepare to pay him $30m per season?  I see that logic.  Dallas, Philly (last year), the Rams, Bears, Chiefs, Texans, etc. have cheap QBs who are essentially game managers.  They use the $$$ saved to pay other players.  I think this is the trend in the NFL---the teams with the $25-30 m QBs---the Packers, Falcons, Panthers, Lions, Giants are examples of teams with rich QBs and suspect supporting casts.

1 minute ago, RumHam said:

That's literally the same offense as this year. People don't want to admit it, but Cam and his shoulder are holding back what we can do. I almost think he needs to sit out a season. We need to start looking to the future. If there's a top tier QB talent where we sit, we take him plain as that. If Norv is still here, his son would be good at helping develop. I've never been on the Cam trade bus, and i'm not saying we do that, but time is taking over and we need to have someone for the future. Favre was around for how much more time after they drafted Rodgers?

Not really.  Much of this season we went with Smith, Funchess, and Wright, but I agree with the Cam injury comment.  When Samuel and Moore enter next season, they will be much more experienced and deliberate.  We have a solid core.

I just posted on another thread that teams with young QBs who are cheap are, for the most part, the successful teams. The Chiefs, Cowboys, Bears,  Texans, and Rams--five of the eight division leaders--have first-contract, cheap QBs starting.  Then you have the Giants, Panthers, Falcons, Packers and Lions paying $20-30m for their qbs to lose games.  I think the salary cap is causing the game to change.

1 hour ago, RumHam said:

I'm not completely on board with him missing all of 2019, but he needs to be shut down.. like today.  Get the shoulder fixed and start rehab.  If he misses 2019, so be it.. but we can't realistically think he can keep going without it.

1 hour ago, Cracka McNasty said:

Cam underthrew the crap out of that ball. His arm is done this year.

There is someone arguing with me on twitter right now about that play.

Samuel could have made the crazy play, but the far easier play was there and Cam couldn't get it there.  We all know why, but I was laughed at just a couple months when pointing it out....now it's come home to roost.

Archived