• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Luke Kuechly And Trai Turner Are Headed To The Probowl

bobsfoodbasics

Lol, this game is such a joke now.  Congrats to Luke, he certainly earned it, especially with his play recently...  he found his groove again.

Trai? Lol.  That guy sucks.  Dude has a play every game that stands out for all the wrong reasons.  Last night, he was standing in the open field and blocking no one.  He was literally standing there alone, not even seeking anyone out, and he got ran over by our runner (I think it was Cam).  Then there was the "tough guy" ish that cost us a timeout a few weeks ago, and the times where he has repeatedly either not blocked someone or wouldn't move on the outside that got CMC tripped up or tackled.  Wish we would've kept Norwell instead.

Also, no CMC?  Again, this game is a joke.  Dude doesn't come off the field and is absolutely killing it and he doesn't make it?  Smh...  so dumb.

1 hour ago, Growl said:

I knew it was coming and I still feel screwed.

Worse than the Deangelo snub. What CMC is doing is historic.

It's bullshit and also bad luck. Barkley is hard to argue against, and Gurley and Zeke have had great years too, I'd still put McC above those two but it's not like some total scrub in the NFC made it over him. Then go ahead and look at the AFC RB picks.... McC blows them all out of the water in nearly every category. Just so happened that all the elite RBs this year are in the NFC. And McC will ultimately get in when people drop out.

It's a shame for McC we threw our season away because if we had a better record he'd be a no brainer pro bowler over Zeke and possibly even All-Pro. He may still end up with 1000/1000 for 3rd time ever in league history, and will definitely break the RB receptions record. And outside of Barkley he's the only one doing it with pretty much no help around him. Such a joke that he's getting overlooked this year.

11 minutes ago, t96 said:

It's bullshit and also bad luck. Barkley is hard to argue against, and Gurley and Zeke have had great years too, I'd still put McC above those two but it's not like some total scrub in the NFC made it over him. Then go ahead and look at the AFC RB picks.... McC blows them all out of the water in nearly every category. Just so happened that all the elite RBs this year are in the NFC. And McC will ultimately get in when people drop out.

It's a shame for McC we threw our season away because if we had a better record he'd be a no brainer pro bowler over Zeke and possibly even All-Pro. He may still end up with 1000/1000 for 3rd time ever in league history, and will definitely break the RB receptions record. And outside of Barkley he's the only one doing it with pretty much no help around him. Such a joke that he's getting overlooked this year.

I don't think he'd be a no brainer over Zeke. I think the discussion could be had, but Zeke is leading the league in scrimmage yards and has also been the focal point of his offense.

4 minutes ago, saints4lifeagain said:

I don't think he'd be a no brainer over Zeke. I think the discussion could be had, but Zeke is leading the league in scrimmage yards and has also been the focal point of his offense.

Zeke is an amazing player and is having a great year but when you look at the big picture, McC has been better and it's hard to argue otherwise. Just stats wise:

Zeke 1892 yards on 358 touches 5.3 yards per touch, 9 TDs 

McC 1747 yards on 288 touches 6.1 yards per touch, 14 TDs

And yes, Zeke has been the main guy in his offense but he's still in a much better situation than McC.

The Cowboys' OL hasn't been as elite as they were in the past this year but they've been top 10, while Panthers' has been below average, and particularly bad in recent weeks in which McC has dominated.

And since the Pittsburgh game we have had zero downfield passing threat. Literally none. And not much intermediate passing threat either. Dak isn't a great QB and Zeke takes the attention but atleast defenses have had to respect him through the air. Nobody has respected Cam's bum shoulder for nearly 2 months now. Then add in the acquisition of Cooper and there is another top skill guy there to help take defense's attention. McC is the only one for us. Guys like DJ and Samuel have flashed playamking ability but overall haven't been big enough threats to take defense's attention, especially with Cam's struggles. 

The only other guy in the league this year that is up there with McC in carrying their offense is Barkley, and he's been absolutely unbelievably good. Gurley is great but in an amazing offense with an elite OL and a ton of playmakers around him to take defense's attention. Kamara has been very solid as well but a step back from last year and not on McC's level. 

We don't have much going for us right now, but McC is having an epic year that is surpassing all others except for Barkley who you could argue either way. It's not a homer take either, the stats and eye test as well as circumstances all back it up.

7 hours ago, t96 said:

Zeke is an amazing player and is having a great year but when you look at the big picture, McC has been better and it's hard to argue otherwise. Just stats wise:

Zeke 1892 yards on 358 touches 5.3 yards per touch, 9 TDs 

McC 1747 yards on 288 touches 6.1 yards per touch, 14 TDs

And yes, Zeke has been the main guy in his offense but he's still in a much better situation than McC.

The Cowboys' OL hasn't been as elite as they were in the past this year but they've been top 10, while Panthers' has been below average, and particularly bad in recent weeks in which McC has dominated.

And since the Pittsburgh game we have had zero downfield passing threat. Literally none. And not much intermediate passing threat either. Dak isn't a great QB and Zeke takes the attention but atleast defenses have had to respect him through the air. Nobody has respected Cam's bum shoulder for nearly 2 months now. Then add in the acquisition of Cooper and there is another top skill guy there to help take defense's attention. McC is the only one for us. Guys like DJ and Samuel have flashed playamking ability but overall haven't been big enough threats to take defense's attention, especially with Cam's struggles. 

The only other guy in the league this year that is up there with McC in carrying their offense is Barkley, and he's been absolutely unbelievably good. Gurley is great but in an amazing offense with an elite OL and a ton of playmakers around him to take defense's attention. Kamara has been very solid as well but a step back from last year and not on McC's level. 

We don't have much going for us right now, but McC is having an epic year that is surpassing all others except for Barkley who you could argue either way. It's not a homer take either, the stats and eye test as well as circumstances all back it up.

The YPC and YPR numbers are pretty close, Zeke just has 100 more carries and CMC has 20 more catches, which skews the YPT. Dallas oline is a shell of it's former self. None of the guys that made it an elite unit are even playing. 

Like I said, I think a convo could be had, but Zeke will reach 2000 scrimmage yards this weekend. He'll be the first RB to do so this year. I don't think CMC would "easily" get the nod over him. 

And just for the record, a lot of Saints fans feel like Kamara was snubbed. It's just not true. NFC is loaded at RB. If they just took 6 RBs from any conference, it would probably be 5 NFC and 1 AFC. I believe Connor would be the only one to make it from that side.

6 hours ago, Billy_T said:

Luke ain't headed for the Pro Bowl.  He might be a PB selection but he'd be the dumbest f'k ever if he actually suited up and played.....and I'm 100% sure he's not the dumbest f'k ever.

That said, and a complete aside....

....is there a major league sports city where we could package a Kemba + Cam trade?

It's amazing how everything you post seems either asinine or racist or both

I don't know many GMs that would rather have Elliott on their team than McCaffrey. McCaffrey is averaging more yards per carry than Elliott *and* has an outside shot of having 1,000 receiving yards this year. We've complained in the past about how much we use McCaffrey - fact is that he gets nowhere near the touches of guys like Gurley and Elliott despite his yards per play being much higher.

Archived