• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Words from my source

juliosantos

43 minutes ago, Shocker said:

This thread is utterly ridiculous.  This guy does not have a source.  And saying Rivera will be fired is like doubling down when you have royal flush.  

You prob thought we were going to draft ridley when my source said dj Moore , doubt me again . Next coach is coming from college football and most likely Jim har 

Just now, juliosantos said:

He was #1 on our board but then his incident came out and norv made the pic for Moore that wasn't hurney choice that was 100% norv turner and those are facts 

I know some have doubted you, but I see consistencies with what Nice Chuck stated--It makes sense--We have to be careful about believing what we want to believe, but this is probable--even if you had no source--thanks for sharing.

6 minutes ago, juliosantos said:

You prob thought we were going to draft ridley when my source said dj Moore , doubt me again . Next coach is coming from college football and most likely Jim har 

That pick was DJ Moore all the way.  Moore over Ridley was no surprise whatsoever.

1 minute ago, juliosantos said:

I don't know that the prediction of DJ Moore being the Panthers pick was much of a prediction, especially considering that there were numerous sources/articles making note of how enamored Norv Turner was with him.

That sort of prediction is about as big of a stretch as predicting a coach on a 6 game skid and out of the playoffs is going to receive his walking papers at the end of the season.

My handy Magic 8 Ball could pull off that prediction.

5 minutes ago, NanuqoftheNorth said:

I don't know that the prediction of DJ Moore being the Panthers pick was much of a prediction, especially considering that there were numerous sources/articles making note of how enamored Norv Turner was with him.

That sort of prediction is about as big of a stretch as predicting a coach on a 6 game skid and out of the playoffs is going to receive his walking papers at the end of the season.

My handy Magic 8 Ball could pull off that prediction.

shakes magic 8 ball, gets 'ask again later'

"Sources say" is never something to trust.

I don't think Ron is gone now, or at the end of the season. And I predicted the CMC pick a month before we did it and I had no sources whatsoever, just pulled it out of thin air. 

It's all just speculation. The whole fired and allowed to be the DC for his resume` thing just doesn't play out in the real world very well.

The two out of three of the new coordinators could handle their jobs but the third was a washout and had to hand over the reigns thing, well, that makes sense. Firing the secondary and D-line coaches for terrible performance also makes perfect sense.

But hey, to each their own narrative until proven otherwise.

2 hours ago, KillerKat said:

Even with a better GM, Ron will still not put the best players on the field. He'll still have terrible game time management. Time to kick him out the door.

This. No matter what u do at GM ron is still gonna play football like its 1985, terrible game management, and wont play the players that deserve to be on the field. If u are gonna make a change might as well go all the way threw this time, no more fire the gm Keep the coach and vice versa crap. We tried that already and it didnt work. Time to complete overhaul.

36 minutes ago, CPF4LIFE said:

This. No matter what u do at GM ron is still gonna play football like its 1985, terrible game management, and wont play the players that deserve to be on the field. If u are gonna make a change might as well go all the way threw this time, no more fire the gm Keep the coach and vice versa crap. We tried that already and it didnt work. Time to complete overhaul.

Exactly. What happens when you just choose one is that you just delay the process of knowing who is at fault. Fire the GM, but keep the coach and we fail, then who's fault is it? Fire the coach, but keep GM, who's fault then? Then by the time you figure out that the guy you just hired sucks, it's almost time to move on from the other as well and the process repeats itself.

After the collapse of the Panthers it's logical that Tepper is looking at all options and that he would want to make a splash with any new hire.  But Tepper didn't get that rich being rash.  He likely wants to get an idea of whom he can hire before firing Ron. 

Archived