• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Speculation on Peppers' Return

SOJA

9 hours ago, luke nukem said:

what if we draft a DE in the first? a year of Pep mentoring while being the DE #4 wouldnt be the end of the world. I have more faith in him to get to the QB than Cox or Obada.

No more taking up roster spots for old players to be "coaches/mentors".   This is Ron's line of thinking.   This team has to move on or nothing is going to change.

He’s the best player, and It’s not even an argument, in franchise history. If he says he wants to come back, you say yes please. The first person to even question it should be fired immediately. No one is saying he needs to be the staring DE, but it’s not even a question you bring him back.

3 hours ago, Jon Snow said:

No more taking up roster spots for old players to be "coaches/mentors".   This is Ron's line of thinking.   This team has to move on or nothing is going to change.

fair but our other options are slim to none, I still have more faith in peppers than guys like hayes/obada/bryan cox Jr. they are pretty much all JAGs which is why we need to address the DE position in FA and hopefully the first round of the draft.

5 hours ago, Humbled-Carolina-Chuck said:

Of course Pep wants back for another year. Who wouldnt want 5Million dollar. Thats a damn lot of money. 

Dont want him back unless he is willing to take a vet min to chase records. I think Peppers want to chase more money than records. 

Peppers dont need the money. This is about more then that. Guy could retire tomorrow and pretty much go anywhere and buy whatever he wants. He probably has trouble just spending all the interest. I think Peppers doesnt want to go out on a losing note. I think he just wants a playoff run.

I dont think a guy though who coordinated and put that much into hurricane relief is all about the money.

Same thing with Jordan really. He hasnt had much success on the court yet....he didnt buy the Bobcats for money. It's about the game of basketball and being competitive in his home state.

27 minutes ago, TheMaulClaw said:

Peppers dont need the money. This is about more then that. Guy could retire tomorrow and pretty much go anywhere and buy whatever he wants. He probably has trouble just spending all the interest. I think Peppers doesnt want to go out on a losing note. I think he just wants a playoff run.

I dont think a guy though who coordinated and put that much into hurricane relief is all about the money.

Same thing with Jordan really. He hasnt had much success on the court yet....he didnt buy the Bobcats for money. It's about the game of basketball and being competitive in his home state.

That sure isn't happening here next season.  If you haven't noticed this team is in the middle of a rebuild.

Archived