• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Panthers negotiating extension with Reid

panther4life

2 minutes ago, thefuzz said:

I don't mind paying him, if he deserves it, it didn't really look like he had that great of a season to me, but the defense as a whole was pretty bad.

However, I do want him to test the market first...don't need another Charles Johnson situation.

Yeah, exactly.  He was really average.  

2 hours ago, rbsponsel52 said:

He is average and he hasn't really showed any high level game-play to anyone yet and can't even tackle either.

1 hour ago, Keatoneg said:

In 12 games, he has 66 tackles(7 for loss), 5 passes defended and an interception (2 if you count the one he was robbed of in the Eagles game) and I think a sack. Is that just average? 

Enough said!

4 hours ago, rbsponsel52 said:

He is average and he hasn't really showed any high level game-play to anyone yet and can't even tackle either.

see this is where you expose that you are letting something else color what you're seeing on game days. Reid was one of the more consistent tacklers on the defense.

The question really is, what is “market value”?

one would think Eric would work to extend with the only team that took a legit step forward to work with him.

what makes him think anyone else would have him? He did sit on a couch until the Panthers,..

13 hours ago, Keatoneg said:

In 12 games, he has 66 tackles(7 for loss), 5 passes defended and an interception (2 if you count the one he was robbed of in the Eagles game) and I think a sack. Is that just average? 

If you compare it to the numbers of the other safeties in the NFL, it might be average, although I am not really sure.  Take his tackle numbers, he is averaging about 5.5 tackles per game, the best in the league is about 7.5 per game.  For passes defended, the best in the league is just under 2 per game,  while interception best is just under .5 per game.   So his numbers MIGHT be average for starting safeties.  

But then, I am ok with average.  Average is better than what we have had over the last couple of years.  

Archived