• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Ron Rivera Plans To Be Panthers Coach In 2019

bobsfoodbasics

1 minute ago, Panthers2019 said:

like I told Scot most teams would fall like we did when their star qb goes down its nothing you can do when that happens it sucks but thats the cards we was delt this season.

I understand what you're saying, but if Rivera knew how to coach, I would have no issue with him retaining his job. 

5 minutes ago, Panthers2019 said:

Marty Hurney's last draft)his first since been back?

Drafted DJ Moore,Donte Jackson,and Ian Thompson(Olsen's replacement)

a solid draft if u ask me so again hurney 2.0 looks like he has learned his lesson from his 1st stint so give the man some credit for once.

Dude, if you can't even get the names of the players right, I can't put a lot of credibility into your "analysis".

I think this has more to do with who's currently (un)available on the coaching market, and also with how many teams are currently looking for a coach. It's a difficult year to find a new coach, and I don't think Tepper is the type to throw poo at the wall to see what sticks. I don't want Ron Rivera to be the coach of the Panthers, but I also wouldn't want some random clown coming in, and destroying the few positives this team has, just to be run out by next off-season.

5 minutes ago, Panthers2019 said:

Marty Hurney's last draft)his first since been back?

Drafted DJ Moore,Donte Jackson,and Ian Thompson(Olsen's replacement)

a solid draft if u ask me so again hurney 2.0 looks like he has learned his lesson from his 1st stint so give the man some credit for once.

Okay let’s talk about his free agent acquisitions. And his Olsen extension.

Also, one year was nice- but consecutive years under Hurney is what ended up costing us dearly. It was never a single offseason- it was a span of consecutive bad decisions.

11 minutes ago, MVPccaffrey said:

Your logic is falling on deaf ears.  They are more than happy to credit Cam and the players for the wins, but when the QB's shoulder turns into wet tissue paper and he starts throwing 15 yard ducks, then a team that obviously would have finished with 10+ wins with competent QBing is the coaches fault.  

3 winning seasons out of 8. 

2 minutes ago, mjligon said:

Okay let’s talk about his free agent acquisitions. And his Olsen extension.

Also, one year was nice- but consecutive years under Hurney is what ended up costing us dearly. It was never a single offseason- it was a span of consecutive bad decisions.

Correct.

Interim Hurney is survivable. Long term Hurney is a disaster.

18 minutes ago, MVPccaffrey said:

We live in a real world with real people, not one with idealized candidates like "the next McVay" as the alternative to Ron.  There's this stupid fallacy permeating this board that we should can a winning coach because of some 5% chance of hitting the jackpot on finding an elite top 3 mind with complete disregard of the much more likely outcome of hiring another Bowles/Bradley/Joseph/Wilks failure.

How are things going for the niners since they fired Jim Harbaugh, by the way?  So many potential coaches out there!  Giants let Coughlin go, how's that worked out for them? 

the niners got a coach i would trade any player on this team for.

Archived