• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Cam Newton’s future interesting read from David Newton

raleigh-panther

Just now, TheRed said:

What makes me laugh is you read these posts about moving on from Cam, and there's virtually no mention of the state of our OL, or how thoroughly we were often outcoached in 2018 on both sides of the ball.

It's as if some people didn't watch the last 2 games where two different starting QB's were unable to finish a game without injury behind this OL.

I feel like when these fans finally get their wish, and see what the adjustment period actually looks like, they're going to mysteriously disappear.

Not true.  Just not in this thread.  If you look at my posts the past two weeks you'll see plenty of comments regarding Van Roten wearing down, and wanting to rebuild the interior OL, I want two of the first three rounds going OL.  I just saw that McGovern declared for the draft. I'd like to pick him up if we could. That problem must be addressed.  We need a QB to stay healthy all year for once.

Just now, TheMaulClaw said:

Yeah I meant day one of this season.  After a shoulder surgery....he did need some competition.  Probably would have been in the playoffs right now.  

Hey champ... check the year on that. Safe to say you harbor a little bias on the "moving on from Cam" discussion.

37 minutes ago, bull123 said:

His injury and inability to throw the ball downfield absolutely hurt us this year...cost us more than a couple of games

just really hard to bench him being the competitor that Cam is

And that is still not excuse for Rivera, part of being a head coach is making the tough decisions when needed and you know it won't be liked by everyone. Being a players coach is good but there are pros and cons to that, you can relate to your players well but you also have to have the mindset to get across to them things that won't be accepted or just flat not gonna happen against their wishes. Rivera has failed in this with handling Cam and here we are. 

Just now, TheRed said:

Hey champ... check the year on that. Safe to say you harbor a little bias on the "moving on from Cam" discussion.

Yeah...it's was probably after one of his every other poo years...but I don't dislike Cam.  He just throws high and he's very inconsistent.  When good Cam shows up it's like WOW.  But when bad cam shows...it's freaking ugly.  Since 2015.....good Cam can't show up for more then 2 weeks at a time. Sorry dude.

57 minutes ago, rippadonn said:

Let all the shoulder fibers reconnect. Let the synapses pathways develop more and begin to fire properly with rest and time, rest and time.

You know you've got a guy in Allen who is able to start six games or more. Rest and time, rest and time.

I agree. Cam at least deserves next season to show he can return to form. I'm willing to roll the dice with Allen if we have to play him.

Archived