• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Cam Newton’s future interesting read from David Newton

raleigh-panther

16 minutes ago, PghPanther said:

Question.........do you think Cam's shoulder injury is due to his run active strategy or from his throwing mechanics?....

.....or perhaps a combination of the two?

What if any has this organization said about that?

Or could he be working out in a manner that can damage the shoulder I wonder?............I know a ton of guys who have ruined their rotator cuffs with overhead lifting and pull down movements done improperly. That's only speculation but it can be a factor too......

Wasnt the initial injury kinda a freak thing that happend when he tried to make a tackle after a TO and then made worse by keeping him playing for a few more meaningless games?   And his worst hits taken have usually been in the pocket as opposed to on his runs.

I dont believe his mechanics is what shredded the shoulder.

11 minutes ago, Cdw said:

Wasnt the initial injury kinda a freak thing that happend when he tried to make a tackle after a TO and then made worse by keeping him playing for a few more meaningless games?   And his worst hits taken have usually been in the pocket as opposed to on his runs.

No but they sure aren't helping.  If he ever hopes to have a long career he better take that part of his game more seriously.  I say he because his coaches obviously can't or won't force him to.

3 minutes ago, Jon Snow said:

No but they sure aren't helping.  If he ever hopes to have a long career he better take that part of his game more seriously.  I say he because his coaches obviously can't or won't force him to.

Yeah, his style of throwing certainly isnt helpfull in the recovery process.  Also, never over his career ever really having confidence in the protection I think is a big contributor to his lack of progression in mechanics.  poo hits the fan and he reverts to instinct. 

Maybe the best recovery plan is lots of rest and lots of new fat guys on the line.

tyrod sounds good.  but why not play allen and another young guy for back up?  if someone pans out, sweet. if they don't, better draft picks.  whoever is saying start cam at the beginning of the season?  what?   start cam when he's healthy.  if that's first game, great.  if that's 0 games next year, great.

I’ve seen dozens of guys with shoulder injuries and I will tell you they never heal 100% of what they once were.  With surgery they have less pain after recovery, but they are never 100% again.  It’s time to look for a QB that can carry this team even if Cam comes back and can play at 80% of what he once was.   

38 minutes ago, raz said:

tyrod sounds good.  but why not play allen and another young guy for back up?  if someone pans out, sweet. if they don't, better draft picks.  whoever is saying start cam at the beginning of the season?  what?   start cam when he's healthy.  if that's first game, great.  if that's 0 games next year, great.

If Cam wants to play he will play regardless if he is fully healthy or not.  Ron will not step in until it's too late.

1 hour ago, Cdw said:

His mechanics doesn't help.  He's an upper body thrower....so he puts a lot of torque on his shoulder....his back...and hips.  If Cam was a pitcher in baseball he'd be a closer not a starter.

13 hours ago, CPF4LIFE said:

And that is still not excuse for Rivera, part of being a head coach is making the tough decisions when needed and you know it won't be liked by everyone. Being a players coach is good but there are pros and cons to that, you can relate to your players well but you also have to have the mindset to get across to them things that won't be accepted or just flat not gonna happen against their wishes. Rivera has failed in this with handling Cam and here we are. 

He has no problem snatching Luke out of games though. Rivera is an ass.

12 hours ago, Pejorative Miscreant said:

TLDR: We still don’t know whats wrong with Cams shoulder. 

And the question is why?

this is not brain surgery or rare disease.

I understand HIPAA and all of that but I just don’t see where the accountability is with this issue before, during or after the season  

If I am an owner of this billion dollar business, I’m fairly pissed that my QB1 gave a press conference in which it seemed he was begging for help and a coaching staff who knew he couldn’t through and left him out there....including the beat down in Pittsburgh 

...and even now, two weeks after he was sat down plus one week after the season ends, nothing

Time ticks on that impacts the 2019 season

47 minutes ago, raleigh-panther said:

And the question is why?

this is not brain surgery or rare disease.

I understand HIPAA and all of that but I just don’t see where the accountability is with this issue before, during or after the season  

If I am an owner of this billion dollar business, I’m fairly pissed that my QB1 gave a press conference in which it seemed he was begging for help and a coaching staff who knew he couldn’t through and left him out there....including the beat down in Pittsburgh 

...and even now, two weeks after he was sat down plus one week after the season ends, nothing

Time ticks on that impacts the 2019 season

I don’t blame Rivera 100%.  Cam may be electing to not have surgery, we just don’t know.  

Archived