• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

We should let Daryl Williams walk

juliosantos

4 hours ago, Reebis21 said:

The maturity level in here is pathetic...with that said, I agree with whoever said another team with tons of cap room will most likely over pay him, making this a mute point

I made a mute point once...he was also laughing

On 1/4/2019 at 5:38 PM, juliosantos said:

Here me out and let me explain ! 

This may be an unpopular opinion, but hear me out on this. Let Daryl Williams walk. Let me explain....

Reason 1: Daryl Williams allowed 39 QB pressures in 2017, his All Pro year. A year in which he needed help blocking from the TE on 19.6% of his snaps. That was 7th highest in the league. 

Taylor Moton allowed only 29 pressures in 15 games this year at RT. This was without much help from TEs. Why move him? 

Moton is much cheaper than Williams will be. Several experts have said that they don’t like the idea of moving Moton to LT. Also, Matt Kalil’s contract is pretty hard to get out of this year. 

Reason 2: Letting Williams walk would likely net a 3rd or 4th round comp pick, depending on the salary and playing time he gets for his new team. The fact that he barely played this year is irrelevant because playing time only affects comp value when on the new team. 

Let’s say Williams goes to the Giants and is reunited with the GM who drafted him. If they pay him $8m per year and he plays all 16 games, we will likely get a 4th round pick. If they pay him $10m per year and plays the majority of the snaps, we will get a 3rd round comp pick. Obviously the formula will be affected if we sign certain free agents prior to May 7th. 

Lane Johnson, a 2017 all pro RT, has an average salary of $10m per year. So it’s not outside the realm of possibilities that he will command that money. Especially since Johnson’s contract was signed a couple years ago and the amount generally goes up each year for all pro RTs. 

I’d love to have Williams back, but he wanted to break the bank last offseason when we were negotiating with him. We have way too many holes to fill to pay Williams top RT money when we have Moton there. Thoughts?

y u still here

1 hour ago, Mother Grabber said:

except that very little in this thread is actually about Daryl Williams

The OP was. No need for every single thought we have to be its own thread when somebody else already made a thread about the same topic. Especially when it is on the first page. Even more so when it was made hours before this one. 

38 minutes ago, JARROD said:

Well you could draft Jonah in the 2nd round probably and replace him. Jonah for now reads like a right tackle that can also play guard.

I dont know whether your Joking now?

Jonah is the most hyped OT to come out the last few years, and no one has him making it past #8. Most have him top 5.

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/draft/news/nfl-draft-2019-offensive-tackle-class-headlined-by-jonah-williams-looks-like-best-in-a-decade/

"Alabama's Jonah Williams (currently my No. 2 overall prospect) has started on the edge for the Crimson Tide since his freshman season."

While wanting David Sharpe 2.0 at #16

http://www.nfl.com/combine/profiles/david-sharpe?id=2558145

Maybe Bosa will fall to us and Risner fall to us in the 3rd

44 minutes ago, ncfan said:

I dont know whether your Joking now?

Jonah is the most hyped OT to come out the last few years, and no one has him making it past #8. Most have him top 5.

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/draft/news/nfl-draft-2019-offensive-tackle-class-headlined-by-jonah-williams-looks-like-best-in-a-decade/

"Alabama's Jonah Williams (currently my No. 2 overall prospect) has started on the edge for the Crimson Tide since his freshman season."

While wanting David Sharpe 2.0 at #16

http://www.nfl.com/combine/profiles/david-sharpe?id=2558145

Maybe Bosa will fall to us and Risner fall to us in the 3rd

Jonah is high right now but an equal number have him as a late 1st or mid 2nd, again TODAY-- you know very well guys fall and others rise-- too early to argue that point.  So you linked those who agree with you, however places like Walter and others say hes the 3rd or 4th tackle prospect and like I said late first or mid 2nd as it stands.

Jonah's scouting reads like right tackle and split time as Guard in a pinch-- so thats a late 1st round mid 2nd if hes not a left tackle.

Now, if he truly proves himself a left tackle that will change.

1 hour ago, JARROD said:

Jonah is high right now but an equal number have him as a late 1st or mid 2nd, again TODAY-- you know very well guys fall and others rise-- too early to argue that point.  So you linked those who agree with you, however places like Walter and others say hes the 3rd or 4th tackle prospect and like I said late first or mid 2nd as it stands.

Jonah's scouting reads like right tackle and split time as Guard in a pinch-- so thats a late 1st round mid 2nd if hes not a left tackle.

Now, if he truly proves himself a left tackle that will change.

Curious to this "equal #"?

Walter football is the Only one that has him that low.  

You have to take Walterfootball with a grain of salt.  They had Sharpe exactly where Taylor is now 

There isnt another writer out there that has him falling out of the top 10.  And everyone has him the most hyped to come out in a few years, and not sure where your getting not a LT, considering everyone says hes the best LT prospect to come out in awhile.  Dude has started at Bama since a Freshman and dominated.  Saying he isnt a LT is like finding that 1 writer who says Bosa is overated and runs with he's not a top 5 prospect 

Archived